Respected Contributor

Re: Hairstylist recommended a demi keratin treatment

@PilatesLover  Hope you find it offered near youSmiley Happy  and if you have it done, hope you really like it!

Respected Contributor

@haddon9   

we share the same experience with the keratins. My hair is very fine too.  After a month it really was fantastic and freeing (meaning no blow dry required, no flat ironing, etc.) but it was a very hard month to get through.  Maybe it was even longer than a month for me - or just felt like it was longer.  Still, I'm not opposed to that treatment.  I think there are ways that the amount of straightness can be played with by the hair dresser, but they need to know their stuff and it might not last as long then.  When I had the brazillian treatment, which I was told would 'heal my hair', it was just super straight and limp for a couple of months.  And it always felt coated with something.  It could be my person just did a bad job, but I wouldn't repeat it.

"Hair Botox" is different that the keratin in some ways.  If you look online they say it's described like a deep conditioner and sometimes it has keratin in it, or not ....  I just never quite understood it exactly, but it is definitelly much more than a deep conditioner.  It's like the keratin treatment process, quicker, and you can wash your hair the next day.   Before I booked it, I did read reviews online and looked at pictures, googled for any downsides or damage from it and felt really happy with what I saw and read (btw, I found no negatives when I searched).  I like it - after a washed it the next day Smiley Happy.  A month later I still like it!  

It's apparently a pretty new treatment so maybe most hairdressers don't know about it?  Certainly not many are offering it yet - at least not around my area.

Also, another thing is that it didn't fade my hair color at all

If you learn anything interesting from your hairdresser, let us know Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@moonandthestars I will mention it to my new stylist....I have not been to him yet and he came highly recommended to me.  My appointment is not for another two weeks and I'm looking forward to what he has to say.

Respected Contributor

@ECBG   Oh, thank you.  That's so nice.

I thought someoneone here would know the answer, but apparently not, so I googled the demi keratin and came up with nothing that applies (demi hair color, yes).  oh well, sometimes google searches get you nowhere.

I found justin on youtube.  I'll find his blog and will ask him!

Honored Contributor

@moonandthestars wrote:

@ECBG   Oh, thank you.  That's so nice.

I thought someoneone here would know the answer, but apparently not, so I googled the demi keratin and came up with nothing that applies (demi hair color, yes).  oh well, sometimes google searches get you nowhere.

I found justin on youtube.  I'll find his blog and will ask him!

@moonandthestars 

If you have a beauty supply store, I would certainly ask.  We have Sally Beauty here.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@moonandthestars 

@PilatesLover 

@haddon9 

@ECBG 

@lulu1 

I found this about Hair Botox on the Jaxson Maximus website.  I'm interested in it (at least for the summermonths) and will mention it to my stylist.   In fact, I just called her to provide info so she could research it for my November appointment.

My hair is fine and naturally curly, but the lovely curls turn to a frizz ball in the blink of an eye.  Leaving me to look like a woman that has lost control of her hair Cat LOL

The part about possibly helping with hair loss caught my eye:

"Think of hair botox in a similar way that you would think of botox for your skin. Botox, also known as Botulinum Toxin or BTX, is an injection prepared from the bacterial toxin botulin. Botox injections are solely used in medical and cosmetic treatments to remove fine lines and wrinkles and, in some cases, are used as a treatment for migraines. 

Although it is not an injection like actual botox, hair botox’s main purpose is to reduce your hair’s frizz while making it smoother and fuller. Think of hair botox as the ultimate deep conditioning treatment for your hair. 

If your hair is dehydrated, you have naturally curly hair, color your hair often, suffer from frizziness, or live in a humid climate, getting a hair botox treatment can be a lifesaver for you. 

Hair botox is a non-chemical conditioning treatment that infuses your hair with ceramides derived from Meadow’s Foam providing a protective barrier for all hair types. Meaning it will reduce frizziness and repair any damage to your hair. It is an excellent option for both men and women if you are looking for a treatment that does not involve any harsh chemicals.

DOES HAIR BOTOX HELP WITH HAIR LOSS?

It has been widely thought that the androgen hormone, DHT, is the leading cause of hair loss. In a recent study conducted by Canadian Researchers in 2010, botox was shown to be a viable treatment for hair loss among its participants. 

Lead Canadian researcher, Professor Freund, discovered that when he began to inject his scalp with botox areas of hair, he began to grow back. Out of the 40 participants at the end of the study, it was concluded that their hair count increased by 18% over 60 weeks. That is the same for the oral medication Finasteride but without all of the side effects of the medication. 

At the end of this study, it was shown that hair loss significantly reduced by an average of 39% with an overall response rate of 75%. 

Hair Botox works similarly to skin Botulinum Toxin without getting injections into your scalp. Hair Botox contains a cocktail of nourishing active ingredients such as Vitamins B5, Vitamin E, Amino Acid, Glyoxylic Acid, Collagen Complex, BONT-L Peptide, and more. In addition to the added benefits on the hair, these ingredients in hair botox have been shown to help reduce hair loss. 

The anti-aging properties of hair botox act like a filter to your hair. They help fill in any of the gaps in your hair’s natural fiber, leaving it looking more youthful in appearance.