Respected Contributor

Most hairsprays include a drying alcohol, like alcohol denat (denatured alcohol) to help them dry quickly. Look for an alcohol-free spray instead. Some of the drugstore brands, like Pantene and Herbal Essences, call them "Air sprays" or "Airsprays".

This article has a list of alcohol-free hairsprays: https://www.byrdie.com/alcohol-free-hair-spray

Honored Contributor

@sonechko wrote:

@EatWell wrote:

@World Traveler wrote:

I use WEN's Finishing Spray called Light. It gives hold without being sticky, does not dry out my hair, and does not make it feel like you have a helmet head! ha! 

@World Traveler

Doesn't it make your hair stink because you don’t wash your hair when using WEN products?

How incredibly inappropriate to post openly rude remark directed at another member, Ms. @Hung!

@You obviously do not have any idea what kind of a Lady @World Travelr is, in the first place, or would not dare to insult her like that!

Furthermore, you seem not to have a clue on just how excellent WEN products cleanse hair and scalp. 

@sonechko- This poster oftentimes posts off-the-wall responses.  Par for her course.

Valued Contributor

Elnett

Honored Contributor

Re: Hairspray suggestions?

[ Edited ]

@sonechkoThank you for your kind words in backing me up. Heart

Honored Contributor

I love Kerastase extra hold.  Works great and is pricey but you need very little of it.

Respected Contributor

I've used Suave flexible hold for years.  It also comes in a firm hold but I don't like it. 

Esteemed Contributor
My vote also goes for Light hairspray by WEN. Is not sticky, does not leave any film, does not smell. I can run my fingers through hair! And yet, it keeps my hair where I want it. Can be used on dry or wet hair. I spray damp roots for lift, and when styled or just dry, I spray a little to give my hair a direction and style.
Regular Contributor

Elnett works great

Honored Contributor

I love ISO Daily Shape that is workable and brushes out!  You ladies have seen all of my curls.  It doesn't weigh my hair down.

On Image Beauty it's $10.79.

ISO Daily Shape Working Spray 11.39 oz

Valued Contributor

I use Pantene air spray which is alcohol free. Works fine for me and in inexpensive.