Respected Contributor

Hairpins for "Slippery" hair?

Do you wear your hair pinned up or in a bun? 

HOW do you keep the hairpins from slipping out?

"The less you respond to negative people, the more peaceful your life will become."
Honored Contributor

Re: Hairpins for "Slippery" hair?

I use rubberized bobby pins. My hair is very straight, thin and slippery. I get them from amazon. The ones I get are black, Karina brand. Scunci makes the ones for blondes and those are called No-Slip Grip Bobby Pins.

Super Contributor

Try Kudo Klips. They really hold your hair. They come in different colors.

cost $25 but so worth it. Only thing that ever worked on my hair 

they aren't sold in stores visit the web site 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@RinaRina wrote:

Do you wear your hair pinned up or in a bun? 

HOW do you keep the hairpins from slipping out?

@RinaRina   Here's a little trick I use on brides. Use hairspray on both sides of bobbi pins and let dry a little until tacky, not wet. This makes them sticky enough to hold even the finest hair. 

Honored Contributor

My hair is very slippery and straight as a stick.  I know what you mean about those hair pins sliding out.  I am a licensed hair dresser.

First, if you use the regular wire pins, bend the wire back  on one arm of the pin.  When inserted into the hair, the bent back portion will stop the pin from sliding out.  I drew a hair pin that is bent so you can see what I mean.  I am no artist.  It is green in the picture.

The other method that has worked for me is to use plastic hair pins.  You don't need many and they hold well.

If you use Bobby pins..criss cross them over one another in an X pattern.  That locks them in.

980E18B3-BE84-452C-BFBA-DAFDF76C82ED.jpeg

Honored Contributor

I "back comb" and they hold better.

Esteemed Contributor

THANKS for the tips 😃

Respected Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

My hair is very slippery and straight as a stick.  I know what you mean about those hair pins sliding out.  I am a licensed hair dresser.

First, if you use the regular wire pins, bend the wire back  on one arm of the pin.  When inserted into the hair, the bent back portion will stop the pin from sliding out.  I drew a hair pin that is bent so you can see what I mean.  I am no artist.  It is green in the picture.

The other method that has worked for me is to use plastic hair pins.  You don't need many and they hold well.

If you use Bobby pins..criss cross them over one another in an X pattern.  That locks them in.

980E18B3-BE84-452C-BFBA-DAFDF76C82ED.jpeg

@ CARMIE,

Thank you!

"The less you respond to negative people, the more peaceful your life will become."