Respected Contributor

Re: Hairpieces on Soap Operas worn by women actors

I saw an interview last year with a hair stylist who works in the tv / movie industry. She stated that 99% of the actresses wear wigs or extensions when filming. 

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess  I think "Maggie" has been in remission  for quite a while.   We are so accustomed to her hair style, I think it would be weird if they changed it--like really short or just very different.

Honored Contributor

@Daysdee wrote:

@Icegoddess  I think "Maggie" has been in remission  for quite a while.   We are so accustomed to her hair style, I think it would be weird if they changed it--like really short or just very different.

@Daysdee I know she has been in remission for awhile, but that doesn't mean you get all your hair back, at least not in it's original shape.   I have a friend who went through cancer treatments when she was younger and she says her hair was never the same.  More fragile now.  While MG is not the same as cancer, I don't know if those patients might have a similar problem.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

@deeva 

@deeva wrote:

I saw an interview last year with a hair stylist who works in the tv / movie industry. She stated that 99% of the actresses wear wigs or extensions when filming. 

Wow. No wonder everyone has great hair on TV and movies.

Also, I watched DAYS yesterday - Marlena and Lani look like they are wearing wigs and maybe Kate.

I must not be very observant (and as others have said that the wigs must be high end) because I never noticed before...now that I’m intentionally looking I see the hairpieces. 

Super Contributor

@AuntG wrote:

When watching the TSV wig presentation, I suddenly wondered if the beautiful hairdo Julie (Susan Hayes) has on Days of Our Lives might be a wig. It just never occurred to me until now. She looks and dresses so nice on the show.

Now I’m wondering that too.