Honored Contributor

Well, looks like mine is going back.  It won't turn on.  I charged it all afternoon, and when I first put it in the charger the light blinked, and I can see that the charging base has power.  So disappointed.

Contributor

Sorry to hear that. Q will pay the return for defective. Will you replace it? 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Hairmax TSV

[ Edited ]

@Icegoddess  If and when you get your exchange I hope you have better luck than me. I got the Hairmax Prima 9 last February and have used it faithfully as directed (3 times a week) and so far NADA. In fact today is my day to use it and I will as soon as I finish my coffee and get away from the computer. Some claim it's working for them, unfortunately I'm not one of them but I'm going to keep on with it.....because hope springs eternal.

Honored Contributor

@erinabriella wrote:

Sorry to hear that. Q will pay the return for defective. Will you replace it? 

I plan to ask for a replacement.  I'm just livid that such a high dollar item doesn't work out the box.  

Honored Contributor

@shaggygirl wrote:

@Icegoddess  If and when you get your exchange I hope you have better luck than me. I got the Hairmax Prima 9 last February and have used it faithfully as directed (3 times a week) and so far NADA. In fact today is my day to use it and I will as soon as I finish my coffee and get away from the computer. Some claim it's working for them, unfortunately I'm not one of them but I'm going to keep on with it.....because hope springs eternal.

I'm sorry that you have had no luck with your HM-9 @shaggygirl. Just wanted to ask if you are using it on a clean scalp without anything on it?

Esteemed Contributor

I thought mine did not work until I pushed the button.  Of course I needed to do that!

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

@SXMGirl wrote:

I thought mine did not work until I pushed the button.  Of course I needed to do that!

I did push the button.  I tried a short pust, a longer push, and a very long push.  When I put it back in the cradle there is no light, and no light if I plug it directly in. The instructions say it should be a solid light when charged and blinking when charging.  The cradle light comes on.

Esteemed Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@shaggygirl wrote:

I'm sorry that you have had no luck with your HM-9 @shaggygirl. Just wanted to ask if you are using it on a clean scalp without anything on it?

@SilleeMee  I only shampoo twice a week and use those 2 days after blow drying and the day in-between if I have used anything on the thin spots, either the Joan Rivers stuff or the other shake in stuff (Eclipse) first I put my head over the sink and keep brushing my hair & scalp till no more shows up in the sink. I think my hair is actually continuing to thin even more.

Honored Contributor

Re: Hairmax TSV

[ Edited ]

@shaggygirl wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

@shaggygirl wrote:

@SilleeMee  I only shampoo twice a week and use those 2 days after blow drying and the day in-between if I have used anything on the thin spots, either the Joan Rivers stuff or the other shake in stuff (Eclipse) first I put my head over the sink and keep brushing my hair & scalp till no more shows up in the sink. I think my hair is actually continuing to thin even more.

@shaggygirl

I think maybe you need to do more than just brushing the stuff off. The scalp needs to be free (washed) from anything that may block the optimum laser light from reaching your scalp. Even the least bit of powder left on the scalp can reduce the amount of light needed to stimulate growth. This is extremely important to follow. You can read about it on the HM website on their FAQ page. 

eta - I was using JR powder on my scalp, too. I wasn't washing my hair on the days I used the laser comb. I was just rubbing most of it off the best I could do. Then after months and months of no hair coming in...I checked the HM website for answers and found I was doing it wrong! After I started washing my hair on the days of laser use, then I started to see regrowth. So please, follow the directions!Woman Happy

I know this whole process is such a big inconvenience and frankly a real pain in the neck. But the laser comb will not work if it is not used correctly. Just what you wanted to hear, right? Woman Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@SilleeMee  Thank you for your words of advice. I hate having to do my hair more than twice a week but will give it a whirl if you found doing it that way made a difference for you. I think my eyebrows started going south about the same time the hair on my head did. But there's no stopping the moustache or the chin hairs.....geez, what's up with that?

Am also going to check out their website, have never done that.