Honored Contributor

You're welcomeWoman Happy @shaggygirl

Another important thing...keep your laser comb plugged into the charger at all times, except of course when you are using it. This will ensure that the lasers are delivering their full energy for hair growth simulation. 

Esteemed Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

You're welcomeWoman Happy @shaggygirl

Another important thing...keep your laser comb plugged into the charger at all times, except of course when you are using it. This will ensure that the lasers are delivering their full energy for hair growth simulation. 

@SilleeMee Ah another good piece of advice. Never thought of that. Thanks again :-)

Contributor

Same problem with mine, I sent the first one back for a replacement, and today, I sent back the second one, This time I ask for a refund. They are obviously defective.  I also noticed today that qvc isnt selling this one now, I think several people have had the same exact problem. 

Honored Contributor

@Loves Pink Roses wrote:

Same problem with mine, I sent the first one back for a replacement, and today, I sent back the second one, This time I ask for a refund. They are obviously defective.  I also noticed today that qvc isnt selling this one now, I think several people have had the same exact problem. 

Oh, I hope not.  So far my replacement is working fine, but I'm only a little over a week in on it.

Contributor

Both of mine lasted 2 weeks or a little longer, both times, I used it, and put it back into the lit charger, but the laser comb did not light, and would not turn on. Worked fine for a couple of weeks, then just quit. The charger was lit and seemed to be working as usual, but the "comb" seemed to have died.

Respected Contributor

I am fortunate that the hairmax works for me and I continue to see new growth. I totally agree with @SilleeMee  that you need to follow the instructions. I wasn't sure that I saw much difference but hung in and  am so pleased with my results. Yes it gets old using the tool 3x a week, but I just consider it a part of grooming just like brushing my teeth or applying moisture lotion. I encourage @Icegoddess  to get a replacement unit. 

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Honored Contributor

@Jk9 wrote:

I am fortunate that the hairmax works for me and I continue to see new growth. I totally agree with @SilleeMee  that you need to follow the instructions. I wasn't sure that I saw much difference but hung in and  am so pleased with my results. Yes it gets old using the tool 3x a week, but I just consider it a part of grooming just like brushing my teeth or applying moisture lotion. I encourage @Icegoddess  to get a replacement unit. 

@Jk9 I did get a replacement and so far so good, but only about 1 1/2 weeks in.  I don't remember, but I was thinking SilleeMee had that model, but maybe it was a previous headband model, for quite some time with no problems.  So, I'm hoping my defective one was just a fluke and not a trend.

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

@Jk9 wrote:

@Jk9 I did get a replacement and so far so good, but only about 1 1/2 weeks in.  I don't remember, but I was thinking SilleeMee had that model, but maybe it was a previous headband model, for quite some time with no problems.  So, I'm hoping my defective one was just a fluke and not a trend.

I bought the original HM-9 comb from the Q years ago...can't remember the exact date. But anyway, I still use it today along with my new CapillusPro Cap. I use the HM comb for the sides of my head, all the way around including the back part above my nape. The cap doesn't shine down that far so I still use the comb. 

I never bought the HairMax band thing....just jumped right in and went all out for Capillus Cap and I love it...totally hands-free. @Icegoddess 

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Icegoddess wrote:

@Jk9 wrote:

I bought the original HM-9 comb from the Q years ago...can't remember the exact date. But anyway, I still use it today along with my new CapillusPro Cap. I use the HM comb for the sides of my head, all the way around including the back part above my nape. The cap doesn't shine down that far so I still use the comb. 

I never bought the HairMax band thing....just jumped right in and went all out for Capillus Cap and I love it...totally hands-free. @Icegoddess 

I also have the HM9 and it still works.  Never was consistent so I am trying to use it every time I wash my hair (3x a week). Too soon to see improvement but I’m hopeful.

Honored Contributor

Sorry @SilleeMee , my memory failed me.  I was really holding out for the headband and even did the EZ pay thing, and I never do that, to get it.  So, I'm hoping the defective units are not a trend or design flaw.  I like that I can put it on and do other things like wiping down my shower, put on moisturizer, etc. while I'm wearing it.  I do have to hold it on in the first position, but after that I just have to slide it back a bit.  I don't think I would use the comb the way I should because I would have to hit so many areas of the head.  It would be a lot like drying my hair, and I really hate the time I spend doing that.