Super Contributor

The wigs looked nice to me.   Jane did look good in her wig but her ears were still sticking out of it.   I loved Marybeth in the long hair wig - I thnik she looked sexy - just cause you are over  50 does not make you a frump.

I bought the bangs to see how real they look - will post when I get them to tell you if they were too shiney - my own hair is very fine and very shiney - so maybe it will work for me.

Valued Contributor

I'm very thankful that I don't have any need for a wig. There may be some women, though, who need one and might be embarrassed shopping for one in public.  Or, their small town may not have any available. I agree that these looked not-so-great on tv, but they sure looked better than the ones advertised in the magazines or the coupon section of the newspaper! Shopping on the Q would be a welcome opportunity to fill a need, and the shipping and subsequent return shipping charges would be a small price to pay for some discretion and peace of mind.

Honored Contributor

I have a couple of HairDo and a couple of Sherri Shepherd wigs and I like all of them.

I guess it's possible that they look so much better than my real hair, I don't have the same kind of succinct and refined observations that previous posters have.

Honored Contributor

Re: Hairdo wigs

[ Edited ]

I watched a few minutes of last night's show with Jane.  When they showed the available colors I could not believe they had no silver, grey, salt & pepper or white wigs to offer.  With all the grey shades now worn across the board, why was there none of those shades available?  My hair is a lovely silver (per my hair stylist too) so I don't want brown or black, etc.

Curious about this ...

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Honored Contributor

When i was a young new nurse I had the very long straight hair that was stylish at that time. However, i have baby fine hair that will not stay in a ponytail or a bun so it was an all day battle. Back then nurses were not allowed to let their hair touch their collar. So I got a wig to put over my hair while at work. It was a much more professional style than pulled up in a pony tail too, held my hair well and really solved my problem.