Honored Contributor

Shawn looked fantastic in that short brown wig last night! I think she should go with it and let her natural color grow out. I thought the brown wig made her look younger and so fresh.

Occasional Contributor

I love the dark roots, it what makes the litter wigs look real.

I would have to get the dark brown wig, but it looks like there isn’t any dimension to that color.  I wish their presentation would show a close-up of the dark brown wig color.  They seem to skip right over it.  

Occasional Contributor

Please show someone wearing the wigs in the dark brown!!!  The color seems too flat and one tone...but they keep skipping right over that color.  

Put on a dark brown wig please!

Esteemed Contributor

@Blingqueen023 wrote:

@QVCcouchpotato wrote:

Uh no it's not just you.  The wigs are hideous!  In my opinion they age you 25 years without even trying!  Mu husband told me if I ordered one he would not ever kiss me good night again" if you know what I mean" Smiley Wink

I hope you never come down with cancer.

Why would you even write a comment like that. She is only giving her opinion not a rule of law. I wouldn't want anyone to get cancer.  

Respected Contributor

@handygal2 wrote:

Is it just me, or do the blond wigs look "off" with the dark roots? The vendor explains that the blond shades look more natural with dark roots, but to me it makes the wearer look like a trip to the colorist is overdue.

@handygal2I know it is the style but I just don't like the look.

Honored Contributor

My mom always had her hair professionally colored when I was growing up, by expensive Hollywood stylists. The desired look was NO dark roots, because dark roots look like you need a touch-up and can’t afford it. 

Whatever the current styles, I will always feel this way. Much darker (not faintly/slightly darker but dark brown/light blonde) roots look to me like someone who is too poor or too lazy to keep their roots up. It will always look tacky to me, regardless of what’s trendy.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

My mom always had her hair professionally colored when I was growing up, by expensive Hollywood stylists. The desired look was NO dark roots, because dark roots look like you need a touch-up and can’t afford it. 

Whatever the current styles, I will always feel this way. Much darker (not faintly/slightly darker but dark brown/light blonde) roots look to me like someone who is too poor or too lazy to keep their roots up. It will always look tacky to me, regardless of what’s trendy.

I am 100% with you. No matter what the trend, I think dark roots just look tacky. Imagine Grace Kelly with dark roots. It would never happen...

Frequent Contributor

Please Please make more shades of Red!!...I would love to buy..but they only have one shade of Red..not my shade....

Esteemed Contributor

@Funloving wrote:

I wore the darker root blonde wigs for business meetings while on chemo.  They looked like the real thing.  I had a lady stop me to ask if she could take a picture of my haircut to take to her stylist.  You couldn't tell the difference between real hair and the 2 wigs I rotated.

I wouldn't buy it from HairDo though.  There are just as cost effective ones on the wig sites.  Revlon makes some good ones.  I always bought on sale.

Thanks for the advice..I'd love to have a nice wig for a change! I hope you're off the chemo and healthy! xxx

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Esteemed Contributor

@mjd1954 wrote:

I am not wild about the dark roots. I am a natural blonde who's hair is getting really thin. I would like to try a wig but wish the roots weren't so dark.

I'm a natural blonde and never liked the dark roots..I thought it looked cheap...My hair's getting thinner too..would love to find a nice wig...and a different color would be fun too!

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West