Valued Contributor

I don't know why they can't show every wig in every color instead of just the swatches.  HSN shows every wig in every style in every color.  How can you buy a wig from a swatch of color?

Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch   Today people wear wigs and it is OBVIOUS  and that is OK. African American women wear wigs and such all the time.... have for a long time.   They look like wigs and added pieces but that is fine, it is like putting on an outfit or something.....it is FASHION.   I think wigs and pieces can just be thought of as a part of your look.  They do not have to appear like your own hair anymore.

Frequent Contributor

I am not wild about the dark roots. I am a natural blonde who's hair is getting really thin. I would like to try a wig but wish the roots weren't so dark.

Esteemed Contributor

@software wrote:

If the vendor would do a side-by-side test, you would prefer the one with the darker roots.    If you see a wig that is perfectly blonde all the way to the scalp, it would look fake.   The blonde wigs looked so nice I was almost tempted to buy!   I'm a brunette, mostly gray now but I could never wear a wig, too hot & humid down here in the tropics.

@handygal2

You are SO right @software!   All you have to do is look closely at the all-one-color blond wigs, or blond from root to tip wigs in movies & TV shows from 60's-80's.

They look AWFUL!  So very fakey, and you can spot them from across the room.

The newer wigs where strands gradually get lighter away from the 'scalp' mimic natural color changes when hair is exposed to sunlight. Yes, the contrast is exaggerated on some wigs and that's due to current 'fashion'. 

But I'm sure there are wigs out there that are made with a more subtle color change from root to tip. Very natural looking. 

@mjd1954

Trusted Contributor

i've wanted to try some of the wigs in here for awhile, but i'm a little scared because i read some reviews about them not fitting right even though u can adjust them.. i dont mind spending the 100.00  as long as it fits... anyone have any reviews on these wigs.. if i knew they were great wigs, i'd get a couple,,,

Honored Contributor

I've purchased Hairdo wigs from Vogue wigs for about $84 compared to qvc. And they often have sales. Cysterwigs is my favorite place because they run sales all the time and shipping is free. They have a great selection of wigs in all price ranges.

But the advantage of qvc are the returns. Many wig sites have restocking fees and items aren't returnable if they have been tried on. If you find a hairdo wig you are happy with and want to buy another I'd go elsewhere for your next purchase. 

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Uh no it's not just you.  The wigs are hideous!  In my opinion they age you 25 years without even trying!  Mu husband told me if I ordered one he would not ever kiss me good night again" if you know what I mean" Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

Back in the 60s and 70s, wigs were really popular here in NYC ... we all wore them.  I had different colors and styles.  They were sold in just about every department store.  You could even buy custom blended hair pieces. 

We were in our 20s - even our mothers and aunts wore them.  One hair piece I had was a long blonde "fall"  ... that my husband loved! 

(I would have a real problem with any man who told me what to wear!)

Contributor

I think the lighter colors in these wigs are ruined by the dark roots. It only looks natural if you're a dark haired person who dyes her hair blonde and hasn't managed to touch up your roots in weeks. Everyone in my family has blonde hair on one shade or another and none of us ever had dark brown roots, in or out of the sun.

Respected Contributor

@QVCcouchpotato wrote:

Uh no it's not just you.  The wigs are hideous!  In my opinion they age you 25 years without even trying!  Mu husband told me if I ordered one he would not ever kiss me good night again" if you know what I mean" Smiley Wink

I hope you never come down with cancer.