Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 

Gosh I don't know.  I'm sure I would have a limit but so far the prices here are doable for a cut.  That's all I get.  They don't style, dry it, color, just a cut and it's $25 but I give her $30.  More at Christmas.

Honored Contributor

@Citrine1 

Of course, I did pay for her to go to cosmotology school...........

LOL

Respected Contributor

I was cutting my own hair during the pandemic, and I liked it ok ( learned how via YouTube),  After I went to a popular salon twice and it was quite pricey ( over $50). And Ya know, I didn't like the cuts that much. Last week I got notified of a "price adjustment"- which I bet isn't a decrease! 🤣 I am not going back. I will cut it myself or go to Supercuts! 

Honored Contributor

probably $100 unless I'm treating myself. 

Respected Contributor

I have naturally curly hair that I've worn in a pixie cut for decades. I don't color or perm it. Before the pandemic, I got it cut by a woman barber and paid $20 w/o a shampoo and $25 w/shampoo. Then I tipped her on top of that. Although the shop is still there, they've been closed since the then Governor closed barbershops and salons in 2020. The stylist I've been going to since July 2020 (shortly after the Governor lifted the closure) has a room in a Sola franchise. I think he charges $35 for a cut, shampoo and blow dry. All I know is that I give him a $50 bill each time and we're both very happy. 

Respected Contributor

I pay $135 for cut, color and highlights...not including the tip. But I only go twice a year, touch up my roots only and give myself a trim in between. My hair is just above my shoulders so it's easy to trim it up a little. Every time I go, they add a few more dollars to the price but she's been doing my hair for over 30 years and I have never been disappointed.

Esteemed Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

@Citrine1 

Of course, I did pay for her to go to cosmotology school...........

LOL

Haha.  Right.  So, figure I spent $15,000 15 years ago for school.   Somehow I think I'm actually paying quite a bit for my haircuts!    Woman SurprisedWoman Very Happy

Respected Contributor
I have long thick with layers so I expect to pay more than a standard haircut. I have my hair cut as part of my color service so I don’t know what my stylist charges for just a haircut. She increased my cut and color by $10 to $75 last July. It was her first increase in 5 years and still below market rate for the service in this market.
Respected Contributor

@fairydogmother wrote:

Last year I decided I'd had enough of paying $40 and up for a short pixie cut. I go to Super Cuts now. Twenty bucks every five weeks. Natural grey hair. I get compliments on my hairstyle and "color". 

Same here but I pay $15 (with the senior discount) at Fantastic Sam's and that includes a shampoo!

I get compliments regularly from strangers on my haircut and occasionally on my color, which is siver. Just yesterday, I was in my optometrist's waiting room,  waiting for my eye exam, and the girl at the desk looked over and asked me if that was my natural color or did I dye it that way. I stopped dyeing my hair over 10 years ago and would have done it sooner if I'd known my natural color looked good on me.

Honored Contributor

When I wore my hair short (Caesar or crew style) I went to my local barber shop 💈 & paid the senior price-$5 bucks.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif