Honored Contributor

The Beauty Salon I go to offers haircuts $20 to $30 for stylists in training.  This time a guy was suppose to cut my hair.  OMG!  I wanted to cry.  The bangs were going in the wrong direction plus he had a picture I gave him to show the style I liked.  The sides were uneven.  I did not want him to touch it any further.  I got up and went to the receiption area to leave and the woman asked me how everything was and my facial expression said it all but I told her it's uneven and my bangs are styled in the wrong direction. There was a stylist that was standing there that cut someone earlier in a cute style and she offered to clean my hair up.  She did a wonderful job.  It's shorter than I like but at least it is a style and I can let it grow out.  I gave her a $10 tip and I was not charged at all for anything.  I will be going to this girl now even though she charges more but it is still reasonable $40.  The guy that cut my hair needs to be taken off the floor and receive more training.  Do you want to share a nightmare haircut???   Cat Mad

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

I'm sure you know you take a big chance when you use a novice hair cutter.  It's like playing Russian Roulette with your hair.  You're just lucky a competent person was available to clean up the mess. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

I went to a different stylist over 2 years ago. My hair is just now getting back to somewhat normal. This wasn't someone in training. It felt like I had a million layers in my shoulder length hair. I had told her I just wanted a trim.

Went to a different stylist after that, she told me she was sorry, there just wasn't much she could do...It has just taken time. Infuriating to me.

I would be happy to pay whatever they wanted, to just to have them listen to me and do what I asked.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624,  I was told that they would not let me leave unhappy and someone would fix it.  When I first started with the training program stylists one girl that cut my hair was excellent; however, she quit and took a job with an airline.  lol

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor
More than one nightmare botch hair cut story...80's not sure why? I though perm was needed. My hair long beautiful waves, Everyone back then getting perms aleast seemed so. Omg!!! Poodle hair. Cried what seemed like forever. Recently last month another stylist chopped my hair short. Did not ask for pixie! She felt would look great?# She cut my hair before didn't think twice trusting her. Long story short! Grown out and I'm loving shorter hair on me. Who knew! Get more compliments men online dating then thought possible. Not only my short hair Grey too. Thanks for sharing, Hope it made you feel better.
Honored Contributor

@happycat,   I am so sorry that happened to you.  It can be frustrating when you tell them or show them a picture of a certain style and they still can't cut it.  They need a new occupation.  Sometimes I think you need to sit in the waiting area and view the stylists cutting hair to see who is good.  lol

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@Sweet_Serenity,   Good for you.  I like my hair short too but not super short because I am not a petite, tiny woman that can carry it off.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

Re: Haircut Nightmare

[ Edited ]

I had a hair and eye brow nightmare.  In 2015, I lost my hair and eye brows due to chemo.  Last summer, things were growing pretty good.  I was going to a local barber shop that is run by all women.  I found it as a god send when I just needed my neck shaved or 1/4 inch cut.  My co-worker mentioned her stylist from a salon worked there part time.  She raved about her.  As it turned out I got this stylist.  My hair was short to begin with, but she took little more off than I asked.  It didn't really bother me because at least I had hair.  I noticed a guy getting an eye brow wax and asked if she could give me one.  So off we went.  My eye brows grew back full and had been waxed.  I told her I wanted them cleaned up and I liked the width.  When I got in the car, I almost cried.  Which for me is an extreme emotion.  They were as thin as if they were drawn on.  A year later, they still aren't as full as they were then.  😧

Esteemed Contributor

@Katcat1, actually thats a good idea, sitting back and watching what their finished product looks like.

If it was a bad mani or pedi, its easily fixed. However, when they butcher our hair, it takes dadgum YEARS.....makes me sick. See, I've lost my cute body, as well as my mind....my hair was all I had left....LOL!

Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

@Sweet_Serenity,   Good for you.  I like my hair short too but not super short because I am not a petite, tiny woman that can carry it off.

5"4 so guess that's why looks good. Dominique Sanchez news anchor from Texas has YouTube channel. Love her styles!! She has worn her hair many different ways. Wonderful tips! Check out her channel. Dominique, Beautiful on outside and lovely spiritual lady.