Honored Contributor

@San Antonio Gal  That is the same thing I thought -  believe me I never expected a call this late and the same day I called the new salon.  Yes, if she really cared she would not have waited so long to call me.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@Love my grandkids   I know what you mean.  I thought the same thing.  Five weeks and now you are calling me?  I think she may have been waiting for me to call.  I get my hair cut every 8 weeks.  I wish I could do 5 or 6 weeks but I have to make adjustments somewhere with my budget.  I wear in short layers and I actually like seeing the different stages my hair goes thru growing out.  The new salon has really good reviews so I am anxious to get my haircut with a new stylist.  Years ago I had the same stylist for many years.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

@QVCkitty1 Frankly with health issues and Dr. Bills I choose to where my wigs. I can change my hair style when I want and color when I want without possibly causing a health issues.And no one is the wiser that it's not really my hair.

Respected Contributor

@San Antonio Gal That doesn't mean it was her fault, some just aren't professional.

Respected Contributor

@LizzieInSRQ wrote:

Personally, I would not have asked the original stylist to refer another stylist. That was rude IMO.

Go to Great Clips or similar. It is cheaper and yes it can be hit or miss, but i find if you adopt a pretty easy style to work with on your own..anyone would do. I tip 100% and still pay 50% what most people spend.

@LizzieInSRQ @I agree with going to a chain salon. I have been going to SuperCuts for about 12 years. There are 3 stylists that are very good and I like. I pay $15 plus $5 tip and still getting out of there cheap. 

Honored Contributor

When it comes to my appearance and my hair I don't go cheap. I am retired and certainly watch what I buy. But I will scrimp somewhere else and splurge on my hair. Its the first thing people notice when they greet you! 

"Pure Michigan"
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@Katcat1 , I think you should give the new salon a try.  Good luck!  LM

Honored Contributor

go somewhere else that you can afford and tip 

Occasional Contributor

@ID2 wrote:

When it comes to my appearance and my hair I don't go cheap. I am retired and certainly watch what I buy. But I will scrimp somewhere else and splurge on my hair. Its the first thing people notice when they greet you! 

Same here. I don’t get manicures (maybe a pedicure once or twice a year), facials or messages.  I’d rather put money towards my hair. I get it cut and colored every 5-6 weeks. With the amount of gray I have, I could get it colored every 3 weeks!!  I’m more fussy about my hair than I am about my wrinkles and saggy skin!!

Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 

I haven't read the other replies yet but my reaction would be to try out the new stylist.  5 weeks to respond to a long-time client???  Unacceptable!!!  

I would go to the new stylist with the hopes that this one will work out.  Its hard to start over since you liked how they did your hair, but this is not appropriate.  Also, who knows when they will decide to raise the price again and you will have to keep going through this.  

I would let your old stylist know though why you are going elsewhere.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin