Respected Contributor

HairMax comb for temple area thinning?

Its a good price today and I'm tempted.

Anyone have good results in filling in those thinning temple areas? Of course I would use it all over since crown is also a little thinner than normal.

I have had blood work, all good, diet is good, taking all diff. hair supplements, it is getting better, just thought this may help as well?

Thought?  THANK YOU!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: HairMax comb for temple area thinning?

Don't waste your money it doesn't work and seems to make things worse.

Respected Contributor

@hopi  THANK YOU!! Worse? OMG, that is horrible!!!  

Esteemed Contributor

I don't know what version they're hawking today but I used my Hairmax Primo 9 faithfully as instructed for a solid year and nada. There is someone on here though who usually comments on how her Hairmax works very nicely for her. I forget though who it is.

Respected Contributor

@shaggygirl  Its the HairMax comb #12....

Esteemed Contributor

@SandGirl wrote:

@shaggygirl  Its the HairMax comb #12....

@SandGirl 

Thanks! Looks like mine except it has 12 lights instead of 9 and the teeth on the 12 are blue, mine are white.

Honored Contributor

Hair lasers do work. But you have to follow the instructions and be consistent about using it. No fill-in powder on the scalp, keep the thing plugged in when not in use and don't give up too soon!  I didn't start seeing significant regrowth until almost a year had passed. Be sure and visit the HairMax website and check out their FAQ section...it's got lots of information that many people weren't aware of.

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee  I did go to their site, lots of good info but they also have some other products and scalp products you can put on the scalp prior to using the laser comb and it says it will help penetrate the products so they work better....

Honored Contributor

@hopi wrote:

Don't waste your money it doesn't work and seems to make things worse.

There are people, not sure of the percentage, who experience some shedding when they start using a hair laser. This happens because the follicles are being stimulated by the laser light, inducing the follicle to produce hair and in the process the old hairs may fall out when the new hairs come in. Not everyone will go through this shedding part, but it can happen and it's just a temporary phase of the regrowth cycle.

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee  I did not see that part but it makes sense but for someone already losing hair, I can for sure see how scary that would feel!