Respected Contributor

HairMax Prima 9 Hair Growth LaserComb

[ Edited ]

There was a thread on here just a few days ago about thinning hair and what we can do about it.  I just got an email about this upcoming TSV item# A304459.  Any thoughts?  It has a 6-month return policy.  @SilleeMee--opinion?

Honored Contributor

Re: HairMax Prima 9 Hair Growth LaserComb

IMO - if this worked doctors would be using it or recommending it.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think it's a great deal. The price of less than 180 with the free sh and 5 EP is hard to resist! I've been successfully using my Hairmax-9 for a few years now plus I bought the helmet thing by I-Grow. I use my Hairmax mostly on the sides of my head where the helmet won't shine. 

This sort of thing takes a great deal of commitment and unless you don't spend the time to do it then don't bother buying it. It's a life-long treatment process and I happen to love having hair on my head so I DO IT without hesitation...just like going to the gym or brushing my teeth...gotta do it for it to work.Woman Happy @Ainhisg

About the 6 month thing...some people may not see any results this soon and some may see them sooner. Just depends on your follicles. I also recommend using it as they say in their instructions, BUT after my hair started to grow back I did not reduce using it to once a week for maintenance like they say.  I use mine 3X weekly regardless. 

eta - I bought my Hairmax-9 about four years ago directly from their website. It was a refurbished model and I paid about the same as the TSV.

Honored Contributor

Last week i saw a very similar laser comb on HSN for a very good price, check it out.

Respected Contributor

@Shelbellewrote:

Last week i saw a very similar laser comb on HSN for a very good price, check it out.

@Shelbelle,  all I could find was one item, and it cost $279, I believe. Is that the one you saw?

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee, I have no problem with commitment; I am right there with you.  I use my NuFace and LED devices 6 days a week.  The time commitment for this comb would be a piece of cake compared to my other two devices.  lol

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Ainhisgwrote:

@Shelbellewrote:

@Shelbelle,  all I could find was one item, and it cost $279, I believe. Is that the one you saw?

Probably so, is the one on the Q less money?  I just checked, the one on HSN does not get the best reviews.

Respected Contributor

@Shelbellewrote:

@Ainhisgwrote:

@Shelbellewrote:

Probably so, is the one on the Q less money?  I just checked, the one on HSN does not get the best reviews.

Yes, the TSV is $178.50 w/free S&H.  It is one of the only (maybe the only) laser comb proven to be effective and cleared by the FDA for safety.  This one has 9 lasers.

Respected Contributor

After a lot of research, I decided to purchase this item.  I did a lot of reading and also found several news videos on YouTube including one by Dateline that indicated it could very possibly work.  (It did work on the subject who used it for a year and said he would continue to use it.)  The very upper front area of my hairline is getting thin, so I am going to take before and after photos like I did the Nuface.  If I see even a little bit of progress (even less hair loss) close to the six-month window of return, I will keep it.

Honored Contributor

I have often wondered about this as well. Glad to read all of the responses.......When is this TSV? Thanks!