Honored Contributor

Re: Hair volumizer suggestions

I have thin, fine and poker straight hair.  It is going to be trial and error to find something that works for you.  I personally have used a lot of the products mentioned here and they either did nothing for my hair or they dried it out.  I color treat my hair so I have to be careful and so many volumizing and thickening products are super dry on the hair. 

I can tell you what worked for me but it might not work for you.

I alternat Pureology Strength Cure and Hydrating shampoos and conditioner.  I follow that up with Big Sexy Hair Soy Tri-Wheat Leave-in conditioner.

For styling products I use Generic Value Products from Sally's version of Paul Mitchell Sculpting Foam with Conditioners (not the volumizing or body building one).  Then I spray a  volumizer root lifter, also Sally's generic brand, that is supposed to be similar to Matrix Wonder Boost.  From there I spray on a Pureology heat protectant and then blow dry with a round brush.

If I feel like I want more oomph, I use Texture by Tre Semme.  I lift and spray a little just at the root, on dry hair, work it in and it provides a lot of volume.  I then follow-up with hairspray.