Honored Contributor

Have an appt next weekend and thinking about getting a new haircut.  I have fine hair that is straight and no body.  Thinking of getting a layered - think shag type - haircut, medium length.  About halfway to my shoulders.  

I will need something to give my layers some oompf.  I want something I can spray on or maybe a mousse type product that will had some volume when I blow dry.  Don't spend a lot of time on my hair, usually blow dry, a touch up with one of the Calista heated brushes and I'm done.

What are some of your favorite products for adding volume without being stiff or crunchy?

Honored Contributor

Re: Hair volumizer suggestions

I have hair like that and it's going back to that exact haircut next week or as soon as possible!  I miss it!

I looked at some supposedly seasons greatest cuts just now, and they look more like what my hair looks like now--chopped off poorly by me and in the back by my husband.

My thought looking at them was "You PAY people for that?"  Yikes!   Woman Indifferent

Honored Contributor

@JudyL    My recommendation is Aquage Thickening Spray gel.  It comes out as a mist when you spray on damp hair and then you blow dry.  Thickness gives you volume and I have been using for over 10 years.  Recently, I thought I would try a shampoo that was suppose to give you thickenss & body -- well it did the first time and then it dreid out my hair and did nothing.  I ended up returning it and I am going back to my Aquage because it works and does not dry my hair out.

kindness is strength
Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have thin, fine hair. My stylist used Redken Guts 10 Volumizing Hair Foam the last time I was there, and my hair was so voluminous!  I purchased a can and have been using it ever since.  And the fragrance is awesome too!

Trusted Contributor

I have tried a lot of products for my fine thin hair,  and always go back to Bumble and Bumble products. I love the thickening spray it doesn't weigh my hair down... don't use too much... and spray the roots only, they have it here now on easy pay !

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I use the Revlon One-Step Hair Dryer/Volumizer to dry my hair. I hold the brush head close to my head while lifting the roots while they get dry.  I don't pull it through to the ends b/c I don't want to pull it straight and lose the volume. Gives my a lift at the roots and makes it appear to have more volume.

Valued Contributor

@JudyL 

Hi 

I have fine hair that I keep in a pixie cut . I have been using for the last year os so Better not Younger lift me up hair thickener . You spray it on its very lightweight.  You can buy it at Sephora or on their website.  I think HSN sells it too.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I like Drybar's Southern Belle volumizing mousse. My hair is a bit thin on top and this gives it some oomph.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

Suggest the Calista products at QVC

. The Calista  # A388957 Style Dryer  with  volumizing   blowout  brush   that comes in different brush sizes . So if you have medium legnth as you stated  get that size brush.  To get best results use this Calista  hair product  # A376050      Mega style   embellish Definer . Be sure  to watch the video on how to use  to get the most benefit .

Esteemed Contributor

@JudyL wrote:

Have an appt next weekend and thinking about getting a new haircut.  I have fine hair that is straight and no body.  Thinking of getting a layered - think shag type - haircut, medium length.  About halfway to my shoulders.  

I will need something to give my layers some oompf.  I want something I can spray on or maybe a mousse type product that will had some volume when I blow dry.  Don't spend a lot of time on my hair, usually blow dry, a touch up with one of the Calista heated brushes and I'm done.

What are some of your favorite products for adding volume without being stiff or crunchy?

@JudyL Your hairdresser should be able to suggest products that would work with your hair.  Mine has never steared me wrong.