Honored Contributor

Have an appt next weekend and thinking about getting a new haircut.  I have fine hair that is straight and no body.  Thinking of getting a layered - think shag type - haircut, medium length.  About halfway to my shoulders.  

I will need something to give my layers some oompf.  I want something I can spray on or maybe a mousse type product that will had some volume when I blow dry.  Don't spend a lot of time on my hair, usually blow dry, a touch up with one of the Calista heated brushes and I'm done.

What are some of your favorite products for adding volume without being stiff or crunchy?

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Hair volumizer suggestions

I have hair like that and it's going back to that exact haircut next week or as soon as possible!  I miss it!

I looked at some supposedly seasons greatest cuts just now, and they look more like what my hair looks like now--chopped off poorly by me and in the back by my husband.

My thought looking at them was "You PAY people for that?"  Yikes!   Woman Indifferent

Honored Contributor

@JudyL    My recommendation is Aquage Thickening Spray gel.  It comes out as a mist when you spray on damp hair and then you blow dry.  Thickness gives you volume and I have been using for over 10 years.  Recently, I thought I would try a shampoo that was suppose to give you thickenss & body -- well it did the first time and then it dreid out my hair and did nothing.  I ended up returning it and I am going back to my Aquage because it works and does not dry my hair out.

kindness is strength
Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have thin, fine hair. My stylist used Redken Guts 10 Volumizing Hair Foam the last time I was there, and my hair was so voluminous!  I purchased a can and have been using it ever since.  And the fragrance is awesome too!

Trusted Contributor

I have tried a lot of products for my fine thin hair,  and always go back to Bumble and Bumble products. I love the thickening spray it doesn't weigh my hair down... don't use too much... and spray the roots only, they have it here now on easy pay !

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I use the Revlon One-Step Hair Dryer/Volumizer to dry my hair. I hold the brush head close to my head while lifting the roots while they get dry.  I don't pull it through to the ends b/c I don't want to pull it straight and lose the volume. Gives my a lift at the roots and makes it appear to have more volume.

Valued Contributor

@JudyL 

Hi 

I have fine hair that I keep in a pixie cut . I have been using for the last year os so Better not Younger lift me up hair thickener . You spray it on its very lightweight.  You can buy it at Sephora or on their website.  I think HSN sells it too.

Honored Contributor

I like Drybar's Southern Belle volumizing mousse. My hair is a bit thin on top and this gives it some oomph.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

Suggest the Calista products at QVC

. The Calista  # A388957 Style Dryer  with  volumizing   blowout  brush   that comes in different brush sizes . So if you have medium legnth as you stated  get that size brush.  To get best results use this Calista  hair product  # A376050      Mega style   embellish Definer . Be sure  to watch the video on how to use  to get the most benefit .

Esteemed Contributor

@JudyL wrote:

Have an appt next weekend and thinking about getting a new haircut.  I have fine hair that is straight and no body.  Thinking of getting a layered - think shag type - haircut, medium length.  About halfway to my shoulders.  

I will need something to give my layers some oompf.  I want something I can spray on or maybe a mousse type product that will had some volume when I blow dry.  Don't spend a lot of time on my hair, usually blow dry, a touch up with one of the Calista heated brushes and I'm done.

What are some of your favorite products for adding volume without being stiff or crunchy?

@JudyL Your hairdresser should be able to suggest products that would work with your hair.  Mine has never steared me wrong.