Honored Contributor

Re: Hair that flatters; no matter the length. So much for guys evolving...

@Trinity11 wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

Is it just me or is there something creepy looking about most of those men.  Something looks exceptionally off about the poor woman with the long brown hair in the red dress and her creeper husband.

And don't get me started on the dude with the hair that is shaved on the sides and long on the top.   

No, it's NOT just you. Love how you described them!! My sentiments exactly....

That's what I thought. These guys are creepers.  *shudder*

And, seriously?  If the only way these guys can tell if a woman is woman or a man is by their hair length then I just don't know what to say.

lol

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Goldengate8361 wrote:

I would never be in a relationship with that kind of guy. Their attitudes about their wives' hair is indicative of their objectification of women. I would prefer an egalitarian marriage of equals and mutual respect. It's a small sign of a much larger terribly offensive trait in the men. 

A lot of men prefer long hair and are more silent about it. These men are just being vocal about it and at least the wives know. Women are the same we often don't say what we think about mens appearance and what we secretly wish they would change. Rather for the men to tell me as to be silent and passive aggressive about it.  Men have attraction preferences just like women, its not always objectifying. Some of them just have horrible social skills in how they present it. A man has the right to let us know how he feels and vice versa. We then have the right to say nope, not doing it. 

QVC Customer Care

Valued Contributor

@gardensla wrote:

I think all of these couples have bigger problems than hair. I'm trying to imagine letting a man coerce me into doing something I don't want--at the first sign of that behaviour it would have been "bite me" and enjoy the rear view as I walk out the door.

Agree, think they may have other problems and this is just a part of it. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Hair that flatters no matter the length. So much for guys evolving...

Humorous to me that anyone thinks that shoulder length is "short".

I wear mine just above my shoulders and when it's curled it's shorter.  It's the longest it's been in several years.  My inspiration was Scarlett Johannson's hair in "Marilyn".  I love the old Holllywood glam styles.

i guess Mr. Fitness would think that's "butch".

hahaha

Honored Contributor

Re: Hair that flatters no matter the length. So much for guys evolving...

Would you let a man dictate the length of your hair?

Short answer: No

Long answer: No, no, no, no, etc. 

I don't tell my husband how to wear his hair, and he doesn't tell me how to wear mine. Since we have been married my hair has been super short to long and everything in between. 

New Contributor

I agree.I have long hair and always will.Please i will never have short hair like i see some women,and i don't care what any here say IT MAKES THEM LOOK OLDER AND MANLY.And seriously what guy does like short short hair on a woman unless they are 90 lol.

New Contributor

Youthful????Neverrrrrrr you are deluding yourself.

Honored Contributor

@dosi wrote:

I agree.I have long hair and always will.Please i will never have short hair like i see some women,and i don't care what any here say IT MAKES THEM LOOK OLDER AND MANLY.And seriously what guy does like short short hair on a woman unless they are 90 lol.

@dosi

Stylish women usually have hair styles that flatter the shape of their face .... whether it's round, heart shaped, oval, square, etc.   

Long hair can also elongate and drag down the face and be very aging.   It's quite individual, so don't assume that long hair looks good on every woman, because it really doesn't.   

Honored Contributor

My husband is one of those rare men who prefers pixie cuts on women.  I wore pixie cuts long before meeting him and in the years we've been together, have had varying lengths from pixie to just above the shoulders. My hair grows fairly quickly so I can go from super short pixie to longer in not time.  I prefer shorter styles myself, especially the older I get.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.