Honored Contributor

Re: Hair that flatters; no matter the length. So much for guys evolving...

When I first met DH I was right out of college and had very short curly hair. I was working 3 jobs that summer and didn't have much time, so I took the plunge and had my longish hair cut into a layered wash and wear cut.

On our first real date DH commented that most men love long hair, but he actually preferred it short like mine.

I started to let it grow after that  (was it me or my short hair he liked? OK I was really young and not very confident), and didn't get it cut shorter again for about 3 years after we were married! Smiley LOL

Both of our grandmothers had long, long hair that they would comb out at night and twist into a bun during the day. I don't remember my own grandmother EVER having her hair cut at all. And she washed it only every Saturday night! Wow - how things have changed! Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

Men are crazy ... lol.    

This survey of 3,000 UK males makes me cringe .... but does anyone think it would be a different outcome for 3,000 U.S. males?

I remember reading an article years ago about women's hair length (some actress had cut her long hair and it got a lot of attention), showing many women with styles in vatious lengths.

What I thought was bizarre was one guy's comment that he would never date a woman unless she had very long hair.  His belief was that if a woman had short hair it meant that SHE HATES MEN!!  

Funny, but I always thought a woman chooses her hair style based on what's most flattering for her face!

Silly me.

I've known men who have ended relationships with women over their hair length.  I recall an early relationship of my own that cooled after I cut my hair and the person even admitted that cutting my hair spoiled everything.  This particular guy had a hump.  Yes, a hump.  I didn't have an issue with the whole Quasimodo thing, but he had one with hair.

Humans are complicated beings.

OMG, just bee!  That is a hilarious post. 

Honored Contributor

@Ms X wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

Men are crazy ... lol.    

This survey of 3,000 UK males makes me cringe .... but does anyone think it would be a different outcome for 3,000 U.S. males?

I remember reading an article years ago about women's hair length (some actress had cut her long hair and it got a lot of attention), showing many women with styles in vatious lengths.

What I thought was bizarre was one guy's comment that he would never date a woman unless she had very long hair.  His belief was that if a woman had short hair it meant that SHE HATES MEN!!  

Funny, but I always thought a woman chooses her hair style based on what's most flattering for her face!

Silly me.

I've known men who have ended relationships with women over their hair length.  I recall an early relationship of my own that cooled after I cut my hair and the person even admitted that cutting my hair spoiled everything.  This particular guy had a hump.  Yes, a hump.  I didn't have an issue with the whole Quasimodo thing, but he had one with hair.

Humans are complicated beings.

OMG, just bee!  That is a hilarious post. 

Amazing what some women can overlook...

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

Anwar likes Lisa to remind him of a lion with a big mane of hair. He works in the fitness industry where he sees a lot of butch women, which means that he prefers his wife and daughters to look feminine

Wow, that guy is offensive with the butch women comment. Femininity has absolutely nothing to do with the length a woman wears her hair.Woman Mad

Contributor

I know men love long hair - my husband included - but how long is the question.  My hair is just below the shoulders in a layered, full style with waves.  I like it and he likes it.  I have to say all the women in the article have lovely hair and are beautiful women.  I personally think that longer (even slightly longer than a chopped, short cut) looks younger than real short hair and is more feminine.  I guess it is up to each individual to decide what to do, but most women want to please their SO. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Men should really take a long look in the mirror..  Do they not see their pot bellies and receading hairline?  It just sickens me that men are so picky about women's looks when in reality they really need to improve their own looks. Go ahead, bash me, I really don't care. 

Honored Contributor

@BlingQueen022 wrote:

Men should really take a long look in the mirror..  Do they not see their pot bellies and receading hairline?  It just sickens me that men are so picky about women's looks when in reality they really need to improve their own looks. Go ahead, bash me, I really don't care. 

@BlingQueen022

NO BASHING coming from over here .... I completely agree with you!    Don't any of these guys have MIRRORS?

Valued Contributor

I've had my hair both long and short. I get bored easy, so I either let it grow or chop it. I love Dame Judi Dench's hair, when I get to be her age, I will chop it like hers.

One thing I will never do again, is get a perm. I like my hair straight, I don't care who criticizes me for it. My mother made me get perms from the time I was 6 or 7 up until high school. I am so glad that torture is over.

Honored Contributor

Is it just me or is there something creepy looking about most of those men.  Something looks exceptionally off about the poor woman with the long brown hair in the red dress and her creeper husband.

And don't get me started on the dude with the hair that is shaved on the sides and long on the top.   

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

Is it just me or is there something creepy looking about most of those men.  Something looks exceptionally off about the poor woman with the long brown hair in the red dress and her creeper husband.

And don't get me started on the dude with the hair that is shaved on the sides and long on the top.   

No, it's NOT just you. Love how you described them!! My sentiments exactly....