Honored Contributor

Re: Hair that flatters; no matter the length. So much for guys evolving...

Most men would prefer their SOs to be wearing hair at waist length in long flowing wavy tendrils interspersed with pink and blue bows.

Not necessarily the best look for ALL women and certainly not for me.

My old, lined, asymmetrical face in such hair would be like the advertising for a musical based on "Psycho".

Short bob and/or several wigs for me, Thank You!

Esteemed Contributor

I would never be in a relationship with that kind of guy. Their attitudes about their wives' hair is indicative of their objectification of women. I would prefer an egalitarian marriage of equals and mutual respect. It's a small sign of a much larger terribly offensive trait in the men. 

Trusted Contributor

I'm so happy I married a man who doesn't care how I wear my hair. He loves me for me and not for the length of my hair. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

To me, these men are sick control freaks. I could never be married to someone like that. Years ago, I had gone back to college for my MS. I also played tennis a couple of times a week to let off steam. I had no time to deal with my long hair, my kids, my house, my husband, my schooling and the assistantship that paid for it, etc. I cut my hair. My husband needed some time to adjust to it but now, years later, he prefers my short layered cut. At no time, however, did he ever forbid me from having short hair. He knew better.

Respected Contributor

Those guys need help. Ugh. The women probably do, too!

Honored Contributor

Ok then.

Have to say, the women (especially the last picture) have nice hair. I was expecting Sister Wife hair... down to the ground kind of ratty looking hair. I don't call that "long" hair to be honest.

And, being honest, don't we often do things that we know our SO's would like/appreciate? I know many men who aren't thrilled with their facial hair but keep it because their SO loves how they look with it. Or wearing a pair of heels when out on a special date because you know your SO loves you in heels.

In the end, it's between them. I will say that I have yet to meet a man who, given a choice, prefers short hair on a women. They tell their SO's "oh, yeah, do whatever you want, it's your hair, blah blah blah", but when asked, say "I prefer long and wish she'd grow it that way". *shrugs*

Esteemed Contributor

I think all of these couples have bigger problems than hair. I'm trying to imagine letting a man coerce me into doing something I don't want--at the first sign of that behaviour it would have been "bite me" and enjoy the rear view as I walk out the door.

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Honored Contributor

None of the woman pictured look attractive with or without the long hair.  They mostly look old and frumpy. It must be in their head that they look good or something. It takes a lot more than long hair to make a woman attractive. 

Respected Contributor

I think those women have horrible hair. I see nothing attractive about long, stringy, flat to the head hair. But that's my opinion. They can wear their hair how they like, but sure wouldn't wear it a certain way for a man or anyone else.
Respected Contributor

The man has never yet been born who can tell me how to wear my hair.  I love my DH like I love breathing but give me a break.  Frankly, I have never liked my hair long and rarely in my life has it been longer than shoulder length.

I have baby fine hair but a lot of it.  It is naturally wavy and has a mind of it's own.   For the past four years I have worn it shoulder length.  Last week I went to the salon for color, cut and style.  I told my stylist to cut my hair as much as she wanted.  She was thrilled beyond thrilled.  She took her time and we talked about what I would like and what she thought would look best.  I now have a short haircut that compliments my round face and short neck.  It is easy to take care of and I can style it several different ways. 

Some women look better with longer hair and some look better with shorter hair.  I think it depends on the shape of your face, the length of your neck and the texture of your hair.

Just an added note about the pictures...the woman with the dark hair needs a cut and a style.  The woman in the red dress with shoulder length blond hair needs to tell her husband to look in the mirror and give himself a pep talk about hair length and style.  She looks nice....him not so much.