Honored Contributor

Re: Hair ,skin ,nails vitamins

I think people need to be very careful about the effect all these supplements are having on their livers. I cringe when I hear the number of vitamins and supplements some people are taking. I gave up long ago taking this supplement because of that. I take a couple things I find ""necessary"" but don't want to tax my liver over something for vanity sake.

Honored Contributor

On 7/14/2014 LipstickDiva said:

I think people need to be very careful about the effect all these supplements are having on their livers. I cringe when I hear the number of vitamins and supplements some people are taking. I gave up long ago taking this supplement because of that. I take a couple things I find "necessary" but don't want to tax my liver over something for vanity sake.

I take Milk Thistle, very good for keeping the liver clean.

Respected Contributor

AL's vitamins are great, but way too expensive. There are many, many cheaper alternatives on the market that will do the exact same thing.

Honored Contributor

Since Lessman's HHSN contains the same ingredients in another supplement I take, I decided that I'd be just fine going with a plain Biotin capsule (5000 mcg) - $10 for 300 capsules. Most recommendations are in the 2000 mcg. range. I'm fine taking a higher amount, as long as it's safe, but at what point do you say enough is enough? I mean, where's the point at which the excess is no longer beneficial?

Honored Contributor

On 7/14/2014 Shelbelle said:
On 7/14/2014 LipstickDiva said:

I think people need to be very careful about the effect all these supplements are having on their livers. I cringe when I hear the number of vitamins and supplements some people are taking. I gave up long ago taking this supplement because of that. I take a couple things I find "necessary" but don't want to tax my liver over something for vanity sake.

I take Milk Thistle, very good for keeping the liver clean.

According to WebMD and other medical articles I have read, there is not enough scientific data to show Milk Thistle is beneficial for the liver.

Even if Milk Thistle was beneficial, something seems off to me that one would take a supplement to keep their liver clean from taking so many other supplements.

Honored Contributor

My DH is in great physical health at 64, he swears by Milk thistle benefits, been taking it for many years now.

Regular Contributor

Sure, you can buy biotin at Walgreen's, Walmart, CVS, or anywhere you like, but it's not just the biotin that makes Andrew Lessman's HHSN special it's the biotin plus the combination of other ingredients in the caps. Also, his products have no fillers or additives, like magnesium stearate for example.

Super Contributor

I take the GNC brand of Biotin with vit.D....My moms hair thined out quite a bit when she hit 55, I'm 45 (soon to be 46) so I take it as a precaution & hopefully it will help me.

Trusted Contributor

I take Nature's Bounty Your Life Multi-Vitamins they have them for different age levels, it one a day, doesn't upset my stomach as some have, mine contains Biotin, extract from whole fruits and vegetable's. Was recommended by my Dr. because it contains well rounded nutrition for your heart, eyes, bones and joints. As well as support for you immune and nervous systems. It is not real expensive, a trip to the drug store and reading the box might save you a lot of money.

Super Contributor

I have taken his vitamins off and on for years. They definitely help strengthen my nails. As far as I know it isn't approved by FDA to grow hair faster. Only the prescription drugs will do that. Hope this helps, good luck!