Contributor

Re: Hair ,skin ,nails vitamins

I purchased a bottle of Omega and my son, who is a physician, said that the actual amount of product is less that other manufacturers. You would be better of going to GNC, Trader Joe's or other such type of store to purchase Biotin. I think Andrew Lessman is alot of hype.

Honored Contributor

On 7/14/2014 shaina2 said:

I purchased a bottle of Omega and my son, who is a physician, said that the actual amount of product is less that other manufacturers. You would be better of going to GNC, Trader Joe's or other such type of store to purchase Biotin. I think Andrew Lessman is alot of hype.

I have to agree, often I get much more potent supplements for a lot less money from Swanson and Puritans Pride. Always read labels before ordering.

Regular Contributor

There are cheaper alternatives, but I like the fact that Andrew Lessman supplements are additive and filler free. I don't need to be downing tons of magnesium stearate (a machine lubricant) when I take my vitamins. I like the fact that Andrew uses solar power (an environmentally friendly choice) and I like the fact that I know that my vitamins are made in the USA.

Honored Contributor

On 7/15/2014 Shelbelle said:
On 7/14/2014 shaina2 said:

I have to agree, often I get much more potent supplements for a lot less money from Swanson and Puritans Pride. Always read labels before ordering.

I need to look into this. My DH has high triglycerides and his doctor put him on RX fish oil supplements. He has blood work done every 6 months and there hasn't been a huge difference in his levels and I was thinking of switching him to another brand because even with our insurance, the RX is expensive and being that here isn't that great of a difference, I thought of trying something else and seeing how that affected his numbers.

Super Contributor

On 7/13/2014 Wen Woman said:

Biotin is great to take, I've always had good nails but wanted better hair! My hair is growing faster and longer now with the Biotin.

If you want a less expensive dupe to the Hair, Skin, Nails formula, try Vitacost.....I love Vitacost! Supplements are top notch and so is the service and the prices.

Lucky you, i've been taking biotin for a few yrs it has helped with my nails but does nothingggggg for my hair.

Frequent Contributor

Try Nature's Bounty Hair, Skin and Nails. They are available also at Shop Rite and check their coupons in the newspaper.