Respected Contributor

Hair service at home

[ Edited ]

Last night I happen to tune in to Shawn saves Christmas and she was selling olaplex. She mentioned that her colorist still comes to her home. She never went back to the salon after the COVID shut down. She said her colorist put the color in and hops in the shower and shampoo and condition. I am just curious. Did you salon open back up? Is your stylist/colorist coming to your home? Or are doing your own hair?

My salon opened when the ban was lifted and i have been back ever since!

QVC Customer Care
Honored Contributor

My salon closed for a period of time, but reopened with specific requirements - masks, appointments only so they could monitor the max amount of people in the shop,  distancing, hand washing, sanitizer. Those requirements have since relaxed.  Some people still mask but it's by choice.  The salon has been opened for their regular hours all along, following that one stretch.

Honored Contributor

Mine  has reopened with no restrictions now.

Honored Contributor

Even when COVID shut down for hair salons was in effect, the stylists could not go to clients' homes without a special license which Shawn;s must have,  My cousin's wife has this license and she only goes to her clients' homes and no salon to work out of.

Trusted Contributor

@Franklinbell wrote:

Last night I happen to tune in to Shawn saves Christmas and she was selling olaplex. She mentioned that her colorist still comes to her home. She never went back to the salon after the COVID shut down. She said her colorist put the color in and hops in the shower and shampoo and condition. I am just curious. Did you salon open back up? Is your stylist/colorist coming to your home? Or are doing your own hair?

My salon opened when the ban was lifted and i have been back ever since!

shawnhaircolor.JPG

This doesn't prove anything, but I'm not so sure she was home when she took this picture. There's another picture on her account taken in 2021 that looks like she's in a salon. Maybe they were both actually taken before 2020.

Esteemed Contributor

Mine did close and the building sold. A new owner, though did re-open the salon. Where my good stylist went, I do not know.

Before the restrictions were lifted, I went to someone entirely new,  which proved to be a fiasco. It was a terrible cut!  (To say it kindly.)

I haven't been to anyone in over 34 months, so I've been trimming myself. My preference is to go to someone skilled & reliable.

Respected Contributor

@Pook @Wow! Thanks for sharing. I had no idea.

Respected Contributor

My styist works for herself out of her home.  She reopened as soon as our state lifted restrictions but only had one client at a time and both she and her client were masked.  I did not go back immediately but I went back to work in person late June 2020 and looked horrid so I went back to my styist.  Now everything is the way it was before the shutdown. 

Respected Contributor

I have never had a stylist come to my home. I think my salon was closed 6 weeks, not exactly sure. I just go to a salon for haircuts. I went a week or so after she opened.