Honored Contributor

Re: Hair products

[ Edited ]

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

I saw a product called Spray Gel...wonder if that works.  There are several brands to choose from.....any balm, or styling product I have used just makes my hair fall....I need somthing that will really hold the style...which I would guess will also make my hair crunchy....not my goal but I need something to hold the style.

@Mom2Dogs  - The product I just posted (New Image from Sally's) will hold the style all day.  You won't need to purchase anything else.  It holds my thick hair in place all day - and it only takes a little.  I call it "hurricane spray" because it would hold up in a hurricane. Smiley Happy

If you try it, let us know how it works for you.  Good luck in your search.  Hope you find something you like.

Honored Contributor

@San Antonio Gal thanks, I am going to the city this weekend and will pick up a bottle, thanks!  My hair is short but thick, takes a good product to hold it!

Honored Contributor

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

@San Antonio Gal thanks, I am going to the city this weekend and will pick up a bottle, thanks!  My hair is short but thick, takes a good product to hold it!

@San Antonio Gal ...I picked up a can of the spray today...I sprayed my hair in the car...well the door was open, ran some errands, had lunch and came home....I can barely feel that I put any product in my hair, grrr....I will try again in the morning and spray a tad heavier and see if that holds.

Valued Contributor

Big Sexy Root Pump.  I buy it at TJ Maxx. 

Valued Contributor

I have thick hair that flops and trying many products. These are my two favorites ever and the Redken Stay High 18 best for short hair. It is a gel to mouse with staying power. Can get these at a JC Penney salon.

Matrix Vavoom Height of Glam Volumizing Foam

https://s7d9.scene7.com/is/image/JCPenney/DP0221201911015466M?resmode=sharp2&op_sharpen=1&wid=550&he...

Redken Stay High 18 Mouse

https://s7d9.scene7.com/is/image/JCPenney/DP0324201717055907M?resmode=sharp2&op_sharpen=1&wid=550&he...

Honored Contributor

@Theresa1121 ,thanks....My sylist may sell this product, if not I have a Penny's about 30 miles from me.

Honored Contributor

@Mom2Dogs  - just want to make sure you didn't purchase the hair spray instead of the styling spray.  They make a hairspray in a similar can.

Honored Contributor

@San Antonio Gal ....I purchased the freeze product...sales associate said it would hold in a hurricane, ha!  I used it again on Sunday, still did not hold my style....can't understand why it does not work.  The only product I use is a holding gel on my wet hair after shampooing.

Respected Contributor

I have colored brown short straight hair with no body.  First I never ever use conditioner.  I don't own any.  Then I use a salt spray.  Anything else just flattens it or greases it and I have tried many.  The salt spray I use is Verb.  I buy it online.  You have to use a salt spray when hair is wet then blow dry.  Crazy but it does nothing on dry hair.  Maybe a hair spray if you want.  I have also used Bumble and Bumble but so far like Verb the best.