Esteemed Contributor

Hair products

If you style your hair...with more than spray, what do you use?  My hair is short and fairly straight, and I have to spray it with a freeze type product to keep it in place but some days the shape does not hold. 

I see photos of women with their hair styled (short hair) and wonder what they use to keep it in place..suggestions appreciated.

I have used bed head, and a few other products as well but nothing works, most of them leave my hair to soft, which even after spraying still falls.

My hair cut is easy to care for -blow dry and then use a flat iron in a few places to take out the waves, then finger style and spray, just need something more effective. thanks!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Hair products

Calista Finish spray.

Rave #4

Super Contributor

Rave #4?????   OP 's hair sounds exactly like mine. . . 

Honored Contributor

@momtodogs 

WEN Styling Cream with great results.  

I have straight, straight hair.

SC helps style & protects from heat damage.

This is a ‘desert island’ product for me.

Hope you find a product you love!

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Esteemed Contributor

@lovesrecess   Rave?  Is that a drug store spray, the name sounds familiar.

Respected Contributor

Paul Mitchell Tea Tree Shaping Cream works well for me (I have very short hair). I buy it at Ulta. 

Esteemed Contributor

I saw a product called Spray Gel...wonder if that works.  There are several brands to choose from.....any balm, or styling product I have used just makes my hair fall....I need somthing that will really hold the style...which I would guess will also make my hair crunchy....not my goal but I need something to hold the style.

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

I dry my hair & then use my flat iron a little bit.

Then I use a small amount of Redken Mess Around 10 Cream Paste. Rub it between my fingers & then lift my hair & run my fingers through it. The Paste gives it a little shine & seperates my hair just enough to make it not look flat.

Then I love the Sexy Hair
Big Sexy Hair Spritz & Stay Intense Hold Fast Dry Non-Aerosol Hairspray. A ridiculous name & it can get crunchy if you spray it heavily. I lift & place my hair & spray it just where I want hold.

Respected Contributor

Do you want your short hair to be stiff and not move all day?  I like my short hair to have movement and look a little bit "piecey" so my style may not be what you're wanting.

I've never used hair spray and never will.  I just apply a drugstore mousse to towel dried hair, then lean over and blow-dry my hair upside down (think a Nick Chavez presentation) about a minute.  That gives my hair lots of "poof" and volume.   When it's almost dry, I get myself "right-side up" again and finger fluff my hair into a style.  My hair is definitely not stiff -- it has lots of bounce and body.  To "comb" my hair, I just run my fingers thru it.   My hair holds its shape and does not go flat all day.

We don't stop laughing because we grow old.
We grow old because we stop laughing.
Respected Contributor

@momtodogs  - I use this product from Sally's.  It works great for my hair.  Use a little of this and your hair will keep it's shape for the entire day.  Five dollars and change at Sally's.

Screenshot_2019-05-03 New Image Instant Freeze Ultimate Hold Styling Spray.png