Honored Contributor

If you style your hair...with more than spray, what do you use?  My hair is short and fairly straight, and I have to spray it with a freeze type product to keep it in place but some days the shape does not hold. 

I see photos of women with their hair styled (short hair) and wonder what they use to keep it in place..suggestions appreciated.

I have used bed head, and a few other products as well but nothing works, most of them leave my hair to soft, which even after spraying still falls.

My hair cut is easy to care for -blow dry and then use a flat iron in a few places to take out the waves, then finger style and spray, just need something more effective. thanks!

Honored Contributor

Calista Finish spray.

Rave #4

Super Contributor

Rave #4?????   OP 's hair sounds exactly like mine. . . 

Honored Contributor

@Mom2Dogs 

WEN Styling Cream with great results.  

I have straight, straight hair.

SC helps style & protects from heat damage.

This is a ‘desert island’ product for me.

Hope you find a product you love!

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

@lovesrecess   Rave?  Is that a drug store spray, the name sounds familiar.

Respected Contributor

Paul Mitchell Tea Tree Shaping Cream works well for me (I have very short hair). I buy it at Ulta. 

Honored Contributor

I saw a product called Spray Gel...wonder if that works.  There are several brands to choose from.....any balm, or styling product I have used just makes my hair fall....I need somthing that will really hold the style...which I would guess will also make my hair crunchy....not my goal but I need something to hold the style.

Respected Contributor

I dry my hair & then use my flat iron a little bit.

Then I use a small amount of Redken Mess Around 10 Cream Paste. Rub it between my fingers & then lift my hair & run my fingers through it. The Paste gives it a little shine & seperates my hair just enough to make it not look flat.

Then I love the Sexy Hair
Big Sexy Hair Spritz & Stay Intense Hold Fast Dry Non-Aerosol Hairspray. A ridiculous name & it can get crunchy if you spray it heavily. I lift & place my hair & spray it just where I want hold.

Esteemed Contributor

Do you want your short hair to be stiff and not move all day?  I like my short hair to have movement and look a little bit "piecey" so my style may not be what you're wanting.

I've never used hair spray and never will.  I just apply a drugstore mousse to towel dried hair, then lean over and blow-dry my hair upside down (think a Nick Chavez presentation) about a minute.  That gives my hair lots of "poof" and volume.   When it's almost dry, I get myself "right-side up" again and finger fluff my hair into a style.  My hair is definitely not stiff -- it has lots of bounce and body.  To "comb" my hair, I just run my fingers thru it.   My hair holds its shape and does not go flat all day.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

@Mom2Dogs  - I use this product from Sally's.  It works great for my hair.  Use a little of this and your hair will keep it's shape for the entire day.  Five dollars and change at Sally's.

Screenshot_2019-05-03 New Image Instant Freeze Ultimate Hold Styling Spray.png