Trusted Contributor

@suzyQ3  Thanks for your help. I will look it up to see where they sell it.

Honored Contributor

Re: Hair oil question

[ Edited ]

I use argan oil in mine. I also add it to my conditoner.

I have a lot of different oils I use overnight or several hours before washing my hair.

If you want something you can use on your scalp I really like Joyce Giraud Scalp Detox. It cleans the scalp/hair so your hair does not look stuck to your head. Big plus for me was it also makes my hair shiny & gets rid of most of my frizz. I had no idea it would do that when I bought it.

I put it on Subscription during her last visit.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Believe it or not you do not have to buy a big brand to get a good product.  Shea sells pure hair oils all under 10$  Yep its pure. No silicones.  Just oil  I really like the Argan Oil. I picked up a bottle at Ulta  for $8.99

Sallys Beauty Supply  sells a Macadamia Oil.  It has silicones but the oil is  high up on the ingredient liist. Like maybe the 2nd or third.

If you perfer Salon  brands Alterna Bamboo oil spray is fantastic only downside is it  smells earthy.  Its $25 but will last you a long time. The last I used it I think it took a year or more to use it up. It is sold here on QVC  also BeautyBrands.  Matrix Oil Wonders is a good oil. Smells great, big bottle that lasts forever. 

*edit*

I just remembered I got a free sample of Redken Glow Dry Shine Oil and its fantastic! I accidentally put way too much in my hair but it did not get oily at all. You dont need to blow dry your hair but  hair dried much faster

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've bought some of the WEN oils and they're fantastic, but they're very expensive, so I've been making my own.

I most often use my oil as a scalp oil that I apply and massage into my scalp before bed or in the morning about 20 minutes before I shower. I buy some pure jojoba oil and mix it with essential oils like tea tree, rosemary, and/or peppermint. I often add additional carrier oils like grape seed, moringa, castor, or argan oil. Grape seed and jojoba are the cheapest of them, so I ususally us more of those for the base and mix in less of the specialty oils. Jojoba is one of my favorite oils to use on my face and nails, too. 

I use 10 parts carrier oils to 1 part essential oils. I get some of my oils from the local grocery store. (Austin is full of Whole Foods stores, which started here, so the local grocery stores are in direct competition and have great natural foods and cosmetics sections.) Shea Terra Organics has moringa, mongogo, and argan oils. (I use Josie Maran, since I get a bottle in just about every TSV kit I buy and have so much of it.)

I still use the WEN oils in the shower occasionally because they smell so good, but the same oil I use for my scalp works on hair, too. I occasionally add a few drops of oil to my wet hair if the air is very humid and I think I might get more frizz. Some of my Josie Maran kits came with the baby .5 ounce bottles of oil, so I keep those around to smooth over frizz at my desk or out and about. When the bottles are empty, I refill with my own oils.

Hope that helps, @DeanieSmiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Deanie  My FAVORITE product by Josie Maran is her Hair Serum.  The smell is wonderful and you can use it in different ways.  You can apply to damp hair or to dry hair (which I prefer) and it gives such a beautiful natural shine to your hair.  It is argan oil and other ingredients.  Try the travel size to see if you like it.  I hope Josie NEVER discontinues this product.  Cat Happy

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

I use WEN oil in the dropper bottles, but I also use WEN dry oil in the pump bottle as a styling product between washes, just spray and fluff / scrunch a bit.  I have straight, fine, but thick hair.  

The dry dry oil makes my hair very happy and is great as I mentioned using it, but does not leave ANY oily look or feel.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Respected Contributor

Even tho I do not like wen and I had a bad reaction I do like the oils.  You can get pure oils cheaper  tho

Trusted Contributor

I always learn from the people here. Always.

Respected Contributor

I use JM argon oil. I just use a drop, rub into my palms and put all thru my hair and then pile into a loose top lnot over night and then wash in the morning.

Sleep sweet Bo 3/19/08 8/4/18
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@kcladyz wrote:

Even tho I do not like wen and I had a bad reaction I do like the oils.  You can get pure oils cheaper  tho

@kcladyz

Thanks.  Smiley Happy

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras