Honored Contributor

Hair mask or treatment

[ Edited ]

Any recommendations or new ones 

no Wen or coconut oil 

Honored Contributor

Re: Leave in conditioner or treatment

@jackthebear 

I've been using Aussie Hair Insurance (a spray) after shampoo/conditioner, for years and I love it!

I have fine hair which tends to frizz in the humidity of my area and it helps smooth my hair but doesn't make it greasy or heavy.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@jackthebear 

I see you changed your thread title from a leave-in conditioner to a hair mask/treatment and in that case, I've used VO-5 hot oil treatment for years as a mask/treatment and love it too!

You just warm it in warm water and apply after your shampoo.

It froths up nicely when you apply it, leave it about 3-4 minutes, then rinse and it also doesn't leave a film or make your hair heavy.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

I use Mane Mask by Skinn Cosmetics from time to time.  It does a nice job and is a very good value, IMO.  The tub is 4 oz. and you don't need much so it lasts a long time.  With Skinn's move to HSN, the product list isn't complete yet so you would have to order directly from Skinn.

Esteemed Contributor

As for hair masks, for several years I have experienced good results with Carol's Daughter Black Vanilla Hair Smoothie.  It's quite hydrating and really gets some moisture deep into my curly and dry hair. 

Frequent Contributor

I second the Aussie recommendation. Nice products in their line. 

Also, Luseta biotin mask (purple tub) is my first choice. It strengthens my hair without weighing it down. 

Honestly it depends on what your needs are in order to give a good reccomrecommen but I'm sure you can get alot of feedback to choose from. 

Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@jackthebear 

I see you changed your thread title from a leave-in conditioner to a hair mask/treatment and in that case, I've used VO-5 hot oil treatment for years as a mask/treatment and love it too!

You just warm it in warm water and apply after your shampoo.

It froths up nicely when you apply it, leave it about 3-4 minutes, then rinse and it also doesn't leave a film or make your hair heavy.

I did because leave in wasn’t really what I needed was at a Salon last week and the stylist used to treatment on my hair after  shampooing and I really need to use something like that for a while because my hair is very dry right now. 

The product he used It’s not on the market right now

Frequent Contributor

We have had a brutal winter in northern Wisconsin and my fine thin hair was very dry and fly-away. One application of Carol's Daughter hair mask made a huge difference. My hair is smooth and moisturized now and three weeks later I don't feel it's necessary yet to apply it again. I am hoping it will take care of the frizz in the humid summer. I highly recommend it - available on HSN (good deals when it is shown on-air) and I got a good price on the Carol's Daughter website.

Esteemed Contributor

I just use whatever conditioner is in the house if I don't have a "mask" or "treatment" on hand.  I leave it in for a few hours.

Honored Contributor

Carol's Daughter Monoi hair mask is so awesome. It makes my hair full and soft without weighing it down. Just one use and you'll be hooked.Woman Happy

download.jpg