Frequent Contributor

I've had hereditary hair loss since my early 30s (at least 25 years) and have tried everything suggested above! Nothing really worked for me, although Toppik & XFusion did make me feel like it was less obvious. But in January of this year I ordered the HairMax Professional lasercomb from QVC. The one I ordered was sold with minoxidil to be used in conjunction with the lasercomb. I had tried minoxidil (Rogaine brand) about 10 years ago with no results at all, but this combo is giving me results. When I had my hair cut after using the HairMax/minoxidild combo 4 months, my hairdresser asked me what I had done and was very impressed with the visible results. Of course, I'm still very far from a full, luxuriant mane, but can definitely see less scalp through my hair than I've seen in years!

Trusted Contributor
On 6/18/2014 Shelbelle said:
On 6/18/2014 Peaches4you said: Where do you find Toppik? I've heard of it on TV but never known anyone who has used it. I am going to try the vitamins for hair growth.

Best prices are on ebay and amazon. You can also search for XFusion, same product, made by same company.

Toppik is also sold at Sally Beauty & Ulta.

QVC lost a lot of my posts too!
Frequent Contributor

I've been using the Hairmax for several months now. I didn't see much improvement until it was the TSV and included Minoxidil. I got that one and returned the one I had been using. I do have some hair growth since starting with this one. I now order Minoxidil, from Costco and I'm not a member.

I saw a Derm on Dr Oz, and she said women can use the men's 5% and apply it once a day. I now use the men's 5%. FYI...

Occasional Contributor

Peaches, I don't post very often but when I saw yours I thought I would contribute my 2 cents from my experiences. First, I do take 1000 mcg of biotin daily. It might be a lot but I've noticed a good difference in my hair by taking that amount. 5000 mcg just doesn't do it for me lol. Second, I quit using WEN. The ingredients don't agree with my body. I believe it has menthol in it and for me it causes a reaction. I suffered hair loss with WEN and with Dr. Denese' face firming pads it caused me to break out.

I also would suggest that you check into Joan Rivers' Great Hair Day. It's sold on QVC and is used to cover thinning hair areas. It's a powder that you brush onto your scalp. It comes in different shades to match the shadow of your hair not your hair color.

I hope this info helps.

Frequent Contributor
Thank you everyone for the great ideas and suggestions. It is really appreciated!
Super Contributor

10,000 mg of Biotin works

Super Contributor
Many pharmaceutical medications cause hair loss, especially blood pressure meds.