Frequent Contributor
I stopped HRT about five years ago and have noticed my hair thinning, but this last year I've seen a big difference. I keep my hair colored dark brown as I can disguise the hair loss easier with different products that aren't as noticeable with a dark shade. I've used powders and sprays in my shade and they work fairly well. I wondered if anyone else is having this problem and what you use to cover it up. Also is there a product that helps thinning hair? Absolutely any info would be appreciated. I am on the run today but will check in this afternoon and thanks so much!
Honored Contributor

i lose less hair when I take Hair, skin and nails vitamins from HSN.

Esteemed Contributor

Peaches, I know first hand how devastating hair loss can be. I love everything about my 40s except for that!

I started using Rogaine for Women in April, 2013. It's a lifetime commitment, but it works. You have to use it every day, twice a day. During the first 4 months, you will see more shedding than normal. It's scary but expected. After 6 months, you will see your new hairs growing in. After a year, those new hairs are starting to take the texture of the rest of your hair. That's where I'm at now.

I use Wen. One of the formulas I use is Tea Tree. In January, I got the Tea Tree Oil and use that overnight twice a week. I am noticing new growth on my scalp. These hairs are coming in with the same texture as the rest of my hair.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Honored Contributor

I take 10,000 mcg Biotin daily, and use Toppik powder fibers.

Honored Contributor

You can also take the Biotin one step further and try Biosil or Viviscal. I did not have any results with them, but some do.

Esteemed Contributor

Hi Shelbelle,

Do those supplements make your existing hair grow longer or will they make new hairs grow from your scalp?

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Frequent Contributor
Where do you find Toppik? I've heard of it on TV but never known anyone who has used it. I am going to try the vitamins for hair growth.
Honored Contributor
On 6/18/2014 Peaches4you said: Where do you find Toppik? I've heard of it on TV but never known anyone who has used it. I am going to try the vitamins for hair growth.

Best prices are on ebay and amazon. You can also search for XFusion, same product, made by same company.

Frequent Contributor
My local library had an interesting class on hair products and hair tips and styles. It was very popular. I went hoping to get an idea what to do with my thinning hair. Instead, the instructor kept pointing me out when discussing thin hair. I wanted to slug her! Lol just when you think you've disguised your problem so well....lol
Honored Contributor
On 6/18/2014 HonnyBrown said:

Hi Shelbelle,

Do those supplements make your existing hair grow longer or will they make new hairs grow from your scalp?

I would suggest you do your own research on these products to see what kinds of claims they make. Viviscal is recommended by some derm docs and hairdressers for those with hair loss. Have you thought of Minoxidil,Rogaine, I have never used that.