Not applicable

Just trying to see if I'm the only weirdo who notices all the hair coming out on my hands and on the wide tooth comb when I condition my hair in the shower. How normal is this? I'm very new to WEN, my first week. I seriously want to love this product because it smells amazing (I ordered the new Honey Lilac scent and oh my I love it!).

There's also small hairs in the sink when I comb my hair before bed (small hair, like breakage) that I had never noticed before WEN.

What gives? Is my hair just going through a phase before it gets to the beautiful amazing luscious locks I'm so hoping for and saw on the models?

And what product do you recommend for some volume? I normally wear a mousse but haven't put any of that stuff in my hair since WEN (I love how clean my hair feels without products in it!). But I'm missing the volume. Any WEN recommendations?

Thanks for your input!

Respected Contributor
Whatever condition your hair was in before using WEN remember it's still there breaking etc. As your new WEN hair grows in you'll be cutting off what we call 'poo hair'. Also, I find that with WEN I don't shed all over the place, but the hair that you normally lose (75-200 hairs a day) comes out in the shower when I comb through my CC. So yes that's normal. I much prefer it to shedding everywhere. I've used WEN for over 3 yrs. My hair is healthiest ever, longer than ever and I throw hair away after every shower. The longer the hairs the bigger the clump.

the volumizing treatment mist really helps, as well as the WEN mousse. I use both on wet hair but they can both be used on dry hair. This mousse will not make your hair crunchy. The VTS is a hairspray on dry hair. I put it on my roots with my fingers if I really want lift.

Happy WEN Girl since 1/12/2012
Frequent Contributor
On 3/27/2015 Kjelle said:Whatever condition your hair was in before using WEN remember it's still there breaking etc. As your new WEN hair grows in you'll be cutting off what we call 'poo hair'. Also, I find that with WEN I don't shed all over the place, but the hair that you normally lose (75-200 hairs a day) comes out in the shower when I comb through my CC. So yes that's normal. I much prefer it to shedding everywhere. I've used WEN for over 3 yrs. My hair is healthiest ever, longer than ever and I throw hair away after every shower. The longer the hairs the bigger the clump.

the volumizing treatment mist really helps, as well as the WEN mousse. I use both on wet hair but they can both be used on dry hair. This mousse will not make your hair crunchy. The VTS is a hairspray on dry hair. I put it on my roots with my fingers if I really want lift.

also, you need to remember that if you cleanse your hair every day you won't notice as much shedding. but if you cleanse only every couple days you're going to notice more shedding in the shower since you go a longer period of time between cleanses.

Esteemed Contributor

Everyone else say washing every day is too much. I've done Wen daily and my hair got flatter and flatter.

Esteemed Contributor

If ur hair is falling out in large amounts, I would stop using the product. There's a lawsuit against WEN, with many people claiming a huge loss of hair.

Trusted Contributor
On 3/27/2015 bossmomma39 said:

Just trying to see if I'm the only weirdo who notices all the hair coming out on my hands and on the wide tooth comb when I condition my hair in the shower. How normal is this? I'm very new to WEN, my first week. I seriously want to love this product because it smells amazing (I ordered the new Honey Lilac scent and oh my I love it!).

There's also small hairs in the sink when I comb my hair before bed (small hair, like breakage) that I had never noticed before WEN.

What gives? Is my hair just going through a phase before it gets to the beautiful amazing luscious locks I'm so hoping for and saw on the models?

And what product do you recommend for some volume? I normally wear a mousse but haven't put any of that stuff in my hair since WEN (I love how clean my hair feels without products in it!). But I'm missing the volume. Any WEN recommendations?

Thanks for your input!

Your discussion caught my attention because although I am not a wen user, I, too, recently experienced hair loss. I use a wide toothed comb when combing my wet hair.

You probably know this, but when you scrutinize your hair strands (I use a magnifying glass), if there is a white ball on one end of a strand, that hair strand has shed. If there is no white ball on one end, hair strand breakage has occurred.

Many years ago, my DD, DS, nieces and I used Infusium23 hair products because they smelled so good and made our hair more shiny. After a week or so, I noticed that my hair (which was brunette and not color treated) was leaving a dark area on the collars and necklines of my clothing but I continued to use Infusium23 for the shine and the fragrance. After a couple of months, I noticed that the color of my hair was fading, so I discontinued using it. Now, if I loved the fragrance of a hair product that I believed was causing hair loss or color fading, I might use a small spray bottle and spray the product on my hair.

Two months ago, when fresh strawberries began to wane, I began adding a banana to my 5X weekly organic yogurt breakfast. I have noticed in the past 2 weeks that my hair is no longer falling out! I have recently googled hair loss and potassium and have read that there is a connection--low amounts of potassium can cause hair loss.

I hope this information may be beneficial to you and wish you success with reversing your hair loss, Bossmamma39.

Honored Contributor

Wow, who would have thought of that?

I'm sure you'll get lots of helpful advice from the board.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Trusted Contributor
On 3/28/2015 Drythe said:

Wow, who would have thought of that?

I'm sure you'll get lots of helpful advice from the board.

I know! I just happened upon a solution that works for me. I hope it works for others as well.