Respected Contributor

Has anyone had any luck with Rogaine 5% foam.  I have only been using a month but I almost feel it is thinner.   I look at pictures and see that the camera noticed my hair loss before I did.  I use the Toppix fibers and other stuff but wanted to try something to make more hair not make what I have hide the bald spot. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Hair loss on top of head!!!

You might want to make a visit to a dermatologist.  You may have alopecia and there are treatments other than rogaine to stop the hair loss.

I was diagnosed in July and I lost so much hair.  After going to the dermatologist and getting steroid injections, my hair loss returned to a 'normal' amount and I now have regrowth in all my bald patches.  I also started Juice Plus vitamins around the same time which may have helped.

Respected Contributor

@DrKelli wrote:

You might want to make a visit to a dermatologist.  You may have alopecia and there are treatments other than rogaine to stop the hair loss.

I was diagnosed in July and I lost so much hair.  After going to the dermatologist and getting steroid injections, my hair loss returned to a 'normal' amount and I now have regrowth in all my bald patches.  I also started Juice Plus vitamins around the same time which may have helped.

Sorry about your hair loss. Juice Plus is nothing more than a pyramid scheme. You can go to Costco and get their version of Juice Plus vitamin duo for much less.  You might as well get a Herbalife Shake and some other junk that is also a pyramid scheme.

Save your money as you will probably need it on treatments that are worthwhile.

Honored Contributor

@DrKelli wrote:

I agree, if you haven't already done so, this is an important step. There are so many reasons for hair loss in women, so definitely get checked out to see if there's a medical reason that you can treat. My friend's daughter was diagnosed with alopecia at age 11 and is on a treatment plan for it. It could also be a side-effect of another illness you should be treating, so get checked out.

Honored Contributor

@chiclet wrote:

Has anyone had any luck with Rogaine 5% foam.  I have only been using a month but I almost feel it is thinner.   I look at pictures and see that the camera noticed my hair loss before I did.  I use the Toppix fibers and other stuff but wanted to try something to make more hair not make what I have hide the bald spot. 

@chiclet

Uh .....  What did your doctor say?    

There are many conditions and other medications that could affect your hair loss ....  thyroid, hormonal shifts, etc etc.   

If you have just taken it upon yourself to use Rogaine with absolutely no idea as to why there is hair loss, you're making a real mistake.

Honored Contributor

Re: ROGAIN...called their CS and they said contains alcohol and MAY change color/texture of hair especially if color treated. I changed my part to other side & purchased Joan Rivers GOOD HAIR DAY which is a powder that fills in balding spots and shiny scalp. 

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Well, I have pretty significant regrowth and my dermatologist said no other treatment was necessary unless i get new "hot spots", so I'm okay with what I'm doing.

Honored Contributor

I've had hair loss problems all my adult life. I have tried Rogaine a few times with no success. At one point I was completely bald on top starting at the ears upwards. Most of it has mysteriously grown back but is still on the thin side. 

The only thing that has truly helped me get more hair and keep more hair is a laser device. The Q sells a few of them. I have the iGrow helmit thing and also the Hairmax comb. Success with both but it has been a long journey to get here.Woman Happy

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee, i have the Igrow too.  Who knows if it contributed to the fast regrowth I had?!  But I use it faithfully with the blessings of the derm, who was amazed how fast I started to regrow hair.  It amazes me how many people worldwide have this condition.  

Honored Contributor

Hi @DrKelli,

Yes, I remember discussing this topic before with you. I'm very happy that the iGrow seems to be working for you! Hair loss is so heart breaking. The subject hits hard with me. When I see posters here asking for help it just pulls at my heart strings. 

How long did it take for you to see regrowth with the iGrow?