Honored Contributor

I've had hair loss issues most of my adult life. The only thing that I can truly say works for me is a hair growth laser. I've bought a few different brands/styles of hair lasers over the span of about 10 years and currently the one I'm using now (CapillusPro Cap) has been the best so far. I've seen more growth on my head now than ever before.

As for supplements, I take a few to maintain the healthy condition of my hair but I wouldn't say any of them cause new sprouts of hair on my head. That just can't happen and don't believe it otherwise. Hair lasers or minoxidil are the only two FDA approved/credited solutions for hair loss. No supplement will make you grow new hair. They just provide nutrients to help hair stay on your head.

Honored Contributor

Rogaine and a laser cap. 

Trusted Contributor

@Franklinbell wrote:

@MG Chris  I forgot to ask, do you manually stimulate your scalp or do you use something else? Thanks!

Manually,

I also used The Ordinary Hair serum. I went through nine bottles of it with a nightly massage. I quit using it to see if it was making a difference and I have not noticed a slow down in growth since discontinuing it a couple of months ago.

Respected Contributor

I have had great success with 5% minoxidil drops (Costco) 2X per day.  At 2-3 months my bang line/sides stated filling in rather well. I have been doing this for several months and it works!

In Feb. of this year, I bought the Theradome (Costco) laser helmet. After four months, I will say my hair is much more dense. At 6 months there should be noticeable growth. 

I added the Theradome so that I wouldn't have to use the 5% drops all over mhy scalp.  

Honored Contributor

Sadly, Bamboo supp did nothing for my thinning hair. Took them for many months. 

Honored Contributor

I used the bamboo extract supplements, not for my hair, but for my bones, and unless my previous bone scan was incorrect, it worked for that.  Didn't notice any difference in my hair.  I'm not taking it now, but will work it back into my diet at some point to keep my bones healthy.  There is a warning about using it for a long time with thyroid disease, but I couldn't find any information as to why except some little study with rats.  

I ues the Hairmax laser headband and The Ordinary re-densify serum.  Since I started the Re-densify I have noticed my part is thicker, but that does change over the month as my grey grows in.  

I can't use minoxidil; it makes my scalp itch.  

I also take Biotin supplements for hair health, but I've been taking that for years.  I remember specifically my nails grow faster with the Biotin.  You need to stop taking it though before having bloodwork done as it can throw off the results.

Respected Contributor

Re: Hair growth items

[ Edited ]

@MG Chris Again,thank you!I just realized I had an previous hair stylist that told about massaging my scalp. I did for a while and like many things I just forgot and stopped doing it. I will resume! I can see many of us have challenges! Good to know have buddies to count on!

Honored Contributor

@Franklinbell wrote:

@MG Chris Again,thank you!I just realized I had an previous hair stylist that told about massaging my scalp. I did for a while and like many things I just forgot and stopped doing it. I will resume! I can see many of us have challenges! Good to know have buddies to count on!

@Franklinbell scalp massage is good for you, it's one if my favorite things when my daughter washes my hair at the salon.  I have a nubby thing that fits in my palm that I use at night. 

Respected Contributor

I used the Minoxidil for a few months.   I purchased the foam/mouse type.  I have noticed new growth throughout the temple area, where I mostly concentrated on application.  Although it worked, I won't be buying it again, because I hated the way my hair felt.  It leaves it stiff and filmy.  So I would only apply it at night.  There was no way I could style my hair with the product in. So im done with it.   I also switch up shampoos/conditioners.   There was a brand,  Keratase, that every time I shampoo and condition with, my hair fell out profusely.  I heard there's an ingredient in many products that can cause this.  I can't remember the ingredient,  but ill post back when I find it. 

I also use a Biotin containing shampoo and conditioner called OGX BIOTIN &COLLAGEN EXTRA STRENGTH.  I bought from Walmart, really nice.  I also use Oribe, and Pureology to switch it up.  My hair seems to be holding its own and looks full right now.  Stress is a major factor too.  I brush my hair out a few time a day getting the into my scalp.  I do this every time I come back from shopping, mainly to get any contaminants/particles out.

Honored Contributor

@Dazlin wrote:

I used the Minoxidil for a few months.   I purchased the foam/mouse type.  I have noticed new growth throughout the temple area, where I mostly concentrated on application.  Although it worked, I won't be buying it again, because I hated the way my hair felt.  It leaves it stiff and filmy.  So I would only apply it at night.  There was no way I could style my hair with the product in. So im done with it.   I also switch up shampoos/conditioners.   There was a brand,  Keratase, that every time I shampoo and condition with, my hair fell out profusely.  I heard there's an ingredient in many products that can cause this.  I can't remember the ingredient,  but ill post back when I find it. 

I also use a Biotin containing shampoo and conditioner called OGX BIOTIN &COLLAGEN EXTRA STRENGTH.  I bought from Walmart, really nice.  I also use Oribe, and Pureology to switch it up.  My hair seems to be holding its own and looks full right now.  Stress is a major factor too.  I brush my hair out a few time a day getting the into my scalp.  I do this every time I come back from shopping, mainly to get any contaminants/particles out.

I hated how the Rogaine mousse forma made my hair feel too but I switched to the drops which are a lot more precise in application and don't leave that sticky film everywhere. Just thought I'd mention it if you ever want to try again at some point.