Respected Contributor

Hello my fellow beauty buddies! What do you do to help your hair grow and be healthy? I saw today that some companies offer a lot of different products.  All of them claim to deliver great results.... I was just wondering what has worked for you my friends? Have a great day!

Honored Contributor

Omega 3 capsules.....(no "witchcraft" ingredients)

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Trusted Contributor

@Franklinbell wrote:

Hello my fellow beauty buddies! What do you do to help your hair grow and be healthy? I saw today that some companies offer a lot of different products.  All of them claim to deliver great results.... I was just wondering what has worked for you my friends? Have a great day!

I am a pro at this. Last September, I had a bleaching incident and fried off over half of my hair to my scalp.  I use a ton of Olaplex, cut down on the heat and I now use a heat protector when I do use heat. Lots and lots of scalp massage, like 3-4 times a day for 5-10 minutes, collagen, hair, skin, nail vitamins, and a lot of protein.

I am getting half an inch of growth a month which my stylist tells me is optimal, and very few people get that much. I still bleach my hair, and my hair has never been healthier and has as much shine as I do now. I will be back at my original length next year, and the whole process will take 21 months.

Honored Contributor

I've had success using a Theradome cap, doing treatments every other night, and using a topical hair peptide serum by The Ordinary. Also, as an internal approach, I take a good assortment of supplements and hydrolyzed liquid collagen.  Based on a recommendation in another recent thread, I have started taking bamboo extract too. 

Honored Contributor

I don't do anything special special - but I do wash and blow dry everyday.  

I use all sorts of different shampoos and conditioners and hair spray.  Maybe that's the trick ... keep switching products.  

I have several selections on the shelf and every morning - I use a different brand.

Respected Contributor

@MG Chris @Wow! I feel you pain. I had an hair incident many years ago. Thank for the information! Continued success with you hair care journey!

Respected Contributor

@MG Chris  I forgot to ask, do you manually stimulate your scalp or do you use something else? Thanks!

Respected Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch @Thanks! When I read bamboo extract I thought oh great now I'm gonna be a panda! Lol that just tickled me!

Respected Contributor

@Franklinbell  My female ancestors typically resorted to wigs as there is a lot of thinning with age.  I take a hair/skin/nails vitamin supplement and collagen daily, and on my scalp, specifically, I use WEN scalp and hair tonic nightly, and a HairMax light cap three times a week.  My hair has never looked better, and my hairline has filled in again around my face.  The WEN tonic was out of stock from QVC for a while, so I reduced my use to four days a week to stretch my supply, and saw some regression, so I am not sure how much the HairMax cap really works for me, although it's done wonders for DH, and he doesn't use the WEN I do, but he's male and I'm female, so that may figure into our disparate results.  For me, I think the WEN tonic is the key ingredient to saving my hair.  It's back in stock, so if you want to try it, I hope it will work for you as well as it has for me.  I put it on my scalp after I'm home for the evening, and it stays on for several hours, until I shower before bed.  If you shower in the morning, you can sleep in it and wash it out in the morning.  Depending on your hair's texture, you might be able to leave it on for several days, if you only wash your hair a few times a week.   My hair is fine and straight, so I need ot wash it out daily, or I'd look greasy. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

Omega 3 capsules.....(no "witchcraft" ingredients)

Every time I tried Omega or fish oil, my hair shed like crazy. I'm glad it worked for you.