Contributor

I experienced hair growth when I started taking marine collagen. I buy the Vital Proteins brand and add one scoop to my tea each morning. It is unflavored. Marine collagen is also great for your skin, nails, and bones. 

Respected Contributor

i've started using Saw Palmetto  and after 12 weeks i'm seeing restoration to the temple area and my hairline and more significantly, hair loss via shampooing/conditioning greatly reduced.  also a decrease in pesky facial hair around my chin. that is a huge plus as i was forced to tweeze and weed often.

my estrogen levels plummeted post meno. i was left with lean body mass but also aggressive thinning.

Respected Contributor

Thank you everyone!

Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch   Also using Theradome cap and bamboo due to @SilleeMee's recommendation.  I've have to check into the Ordinary's peptide serum.  Good wishes for hair to both of us!

Honored Contributor

@phoenixbrd wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch   Also using Theradome cap and bamboo due to @SilleeMee's recommendation.  I've have to check into the Ordinary's peptide serum.  Good wishes for hair to both of us!

Indeed, @phoenixbrd!  When my hair was collar length, my daughter told me she could see through it at the bottom.  That played into my decision to go short.  My temple area is filling in nicely and the overall fullness is better.  I like my hair short, but might try growing it out just a little, a la Meg Ryan's past shaggy do. We'll see. Good luck!

Honored Contributor

Something I read somewhere, I can't remember where, was about phytoceramides supplements and hair growth. It had mentioned that inside the hair follicle was a ceramide layer lining which promoted hair growth by keeping the growth cycle in the anagen phase rather than the shedding phase. So what you end up with is longer stands of hair which stay on your head and don't fall out prematurely. The more follicles that exhibit that will lead to more hair on your head instead of in your brush.

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee , funny...now that you mention it I think I heard the same thing... interesting!

Honored Contributor

I take Biotin.  I don't know whether it helps or not.  DH says he feels my hair has grown faster after I have taken it.  I don't see any improvement in the health of my hair, but maybe if I didn't take it, my hair would be in worse shape!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Respected Contributor

I was diagnosed with hypothyroid a year ago. I had my hair cut last week and my hairdresser kept asking me if I was doing, taking anything new. I think it's the thyroid med; makes sense because it probably takes a year to get a new head of hair. My hair is coarse and dry so I've been pampering it since high school. I'm seventy eight.