Super Contributor
Has anyone tried one of those hair growth hats with the lights inside of the cap? I have been considering one but they are very expensive and I wanted to know if anyone had any personal experience with it. If so. What brand?
Honored Contributor

@GoodyShoes 

I've owned two different 'caps'. First was the iGrow helmet thing which did okay. I saw some new hair but less than I expected. Second one is a CapillusPro cap which I have been using very successfully for a few years. My hair has really filled in where I had thinning and now I can wear my hair the way I want it not having to worry about those thin areas showing any more. The CapillusPro is expensive but it is a once-in-a-lifetime purchase and I have no regrets buying it.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@GoodyShoes 

I've owned two different 'caps'. First was the iGrow helmet thing which did okay. I saw some new hair but less than I expected. Second one is a CapillusPro cap which I have been using very successfully for a few years. My hair has really filled in where I had thinning and now I can wear my hair the way I want it not having to worry about those thin areas showing any more. The CapillusPro is expensive but it is a once-in-a-lifetime purchase and I have no regrets buying it.

I would hate to feel relient on the cap... what if it broke and you could not use it? would your hair quit growing like before? 

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

@GoodyShoes 

I would hate to feel relient on the cap... what if it broke and you could not use it? would your hair quit growing like before? 

@SeaMaiden 

Hair will return to what it use to be if the cap is not used. Not sure how long it takes to do that and I'm not about to find out either. On only one occasion I had a problem with my battery pack and the cap wouldn't turn on so I just called for a replacement. It was at my door in less than a week.

If my cap broke then I would have it repaired or replaced. It's just something that I have decided to use for the rest of my life. I've been dealing with hair loss for most of my adult life and I'm am so happy that someone invented a laser device to make my hair grow back.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee    I totally understand. So glad you are happy with it and it is making a difference!

Esteemed Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

@GoodyShoes 

@SeaMaiden 

Hair will return to what it use to be if the cap is not used. Not sure how long it takes to do that and I'm not about to find out either. On only one occasion I had a problem with my battery pack and the cap wouldn't turn on so I just called for a replacement. It was at my door in less than a week.

If my cap broke then I would have it repaired or replaced. It's just something that I have decided to use for the rest of my life. I've been dealing with hair loss for most of my adult life and I'm am so happy that someone invented a laser device to make my hair grow back.

I am thinking of buying myself either the cap or the RL mask for my Christmas present this year. What I haven't determined is which one do I buy first? I'm leaning towards the face mask, but my thinning hair does bug me to no end.

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Super Contributor
@SilleeMee thank you for this information. that was the brand I was looking at. HSN had a really good deal on it a little bit ago. I plan on watching it to see if they offer that special again.
Honored Contributor

@GoodyShoes wrote:
@SilleeMeethank you for this information. that was the brand I was looking at. HSN had a really good deal on it a little bit ago. I plan on watching it to see if they offer that special again.

You're welcome @GoodyShoes 

Yes, I know exactly which one you are talking about. That one goes on sale quite often. 

Have you ever used any kind of laser device for your hair before?

Esteemed Contributor

I used one for almost 2 years.  Can't remember. off hand. which one I purchased.   But in any event, it did absolutly nothing for me.   A complete waste of money IMHO.