Esteemed Contributor

Did you decide to go back to the salon? I think they probably could (or should) do something. Hope it all works out.

Trusted Contributor
Paul Mitchell Baby Shampoo! Really great shampoo, clean scent, conditioning but removes tint. PM Awaphuii also strips tint.
Respected Contributor

Usually in about 3 to 4 washings my color is ok. Baking soda mixed with my shampoo helps it go a little faster.

Valued Contributor
On 7/18/2014 Kathleen said:

I use Go Blonder shampoo day after I color to lighten it a bit.

Thank you for posting this Kathleen. I don't color but I'm looking for a boost. Do you know if it will tone gray? I have a streak.

Highlighted
Super Contributor

I am a salon girl since my early 20s, but I was between salons and I found this good stylist at a Hair Cuttery. I was surprised she was there because she seems like a salon caliber person and I was happy - seemed like a win/win - good quality cut at a decent price. I have been going there for a while and I always tip her very well (avg 30% -40%). And I have referred several other women to the store. So that is where my hair was colored yesterday.

I did stop in there but my stylist wasn't there and they weren't too concerned. When I tried to explain myself, was met with some blank stares. The lady I talked to got big eyes when I said I have been trying to get some color out at home and it seemed like they were going to say it was great color but I ruined it. I was still pretty upset about it so I just left.

It is time to go back to trying out different salons until I find a good stylist again because I want salon quality results.

Valued Contributor
On 7/18/2014 Kathleen said:

I use Go Blonder shampoo day after I color to lighten it a bit.

I might do that the day after I color because mine is always too dark but it doesn't cover if I don't. The other treatments should too harsh for my hair.

Super Contributor
On 7/19/2014 sun8shine said:

I am a salon girl since my early 20s, but I was between salons and I found this good stylist at a Hair Cuttery. I was surprised she was there because she seems like a salon caliber person and I was happy - seemed like a win/win - good quality cut at a decent price. I have been going there for a while and I always tip her very well (avg 30% -40%). And I have referred several other women to the store. So that is where my hair was colored yesterday.

I did stop in there but my stylist wasn't there and they weren't too concerned. When I tried to explain myself, was met with some blank stares. The lady I talked to got big eyes when I said I have been trying to get some color out at home and it seemed like they were going to say it was great color but I ruined it. I was still pretty upset about it so I just left.

It is time to go back to trying out different salons until I find a good stylist again because I want salon quality results.

No need to give up that easily, Sun.

Why don't you call ahead to get your stylist's schedule, and continue to make your cut, trim, and/or color appointments with her specifically?

It seems you've been very satisfied with her.

Super Contributor

I echo trying Sally Beauty if you have one close by. A few years ago, my husband was experimenting with Just For Men...wanted to cover some grays...yep, got his hair too dark. Anyway, we went to Sally and they had a product they recommended. I can't remember the name, but it absolutely worked. He washed with it 2-3 times...it definitely took the harsh, dark color out.

Super Contributor

I did the Prell thing 2x yesterday and then sprayed in peroxide at night and again this AM. Everything I have done has brought it up to a dark brown shade. The prell thing really worked well and so did the peroxide.

I do not plan to continue with the stylist anymore. I'll find a new salon.

Again thanks everyone.

Esteemed Contributor
On 7/20/2014 sun8shine said:

I did the Prell thing 2x yesterday and then sprayed in peroxide at night and again this AM. Everything I have done has brought it up to a dark brown shade. The prell thing really worked well and so did the peroxide.

I do not plan to continue with the stylist anymore. I'll find a new salon.

Again thanks everyone.

I bet it looks great now. Glad it worked for you finally.