Super Contributor

Thanks to Everyone and thanks for the support. I guess it was more just VERY dark brown than black. I was too chicken the first wash to use the Dawn so I did a mix of baby shampoo, salicylic shampoo and regular dandruff shampoo. There was definite color down the drain. Then I did a round of dawn + baby. Then a last round of just baby.

It is still wet. I'll see what I have when it is dry. If it is brown I will be OK.

Thanks again everyone, it is kind of amazing to have a rapid beauty response team on call!!!

{#emotions_dlg.tt1}{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}{#emotions_dlg.laugh}{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Highlighted
Super Contributor

"Prell" shampoo (still available), dandruff shampoo, and clarifying have all worked well. Just make sure that if you use the Prell, you deep condition the heck out of your hair.

Super Contributor
On 7/18/2014 Feline Fine said:

"Prell" shampoo (still available), dandruff shampoo, and clarifying have all worked well. Just make sure that if you use the Prell, you deep condition the heck out of your hair.

that is my next move If i need to attack it again tomorrow. when I was a kid we used prell all the time. Prell and ivory soap because it floated in the tub. I remember having a big old turban of prell bubbles on my head.

Esteemed Contributor
On 7/18/2014 sun8shine said:

Thanks to Everyone and thanks for the support. I guess it was more just VERY dark brown than black. I was too chicken the first wash to use the Dawn so I did a mix of baby shampoo, salicylic shampoo and regular dandruff shampoo. There was definite color down the drain. Then I did a round of dawn + baby. Then a last round of just baby.

It is still wet. I'll see what I have when it is dry. If it is brown I will be OK.

Thanks again everyone, it is kind of amazing to have a rapid beauty response team on call!!!

{#emotions_dlg.tt1}{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}{#emotions_dlg.laugh}{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

If it's not light enough tomorrow, wash it again. Use water as warm as you can, that will help. If you can find it, Prell Shampoo is great for stripping color. A hairdresser recommended it to me a long time ago.

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Esteemed Contributor

{#emotions_dlg.laugh} Great minds!

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Trusted Contributor

A good hot oil treatment is 3 tbsp evoo mixed with 3 tbsp honey, warmed a little in micro, leave it on your hair for a while and rinse, works great Smiley Happy Hope it all works out!

Super Contributor
On 7/18/2014 betteb said:

{#emotions_dlg.laugh} Great minds!

Agree! {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Super Contributor
On 7/18/2014 sun8shine said:

that is my next move If i need to attack it again tomorrow. when I was a kid we used prell all the time. Prell and ivory soap because it floated in the tub. I remember having a big old turban of prell bubbles on my head.

{#emotions_dlg.lol}

Esteemed Contributor

I have used both Prell and a clarifying shampoo for this problem, both to good effect.

Hope it works out. I'm sure you will do fine. Smiley Happy

Super Contributor

Hi BeckiWV

Thanks so much to you and everyone that responded.

I am definitely picking up some prell tomorrow.

IN a side note:
Have you ever gone to the Pickin' in the Panhandle -- West Virginia BBQ & Bluegrass Festival? Just asking because a weekend of BBQ and Bluegrass sounds like a slice of heaven and I have always wanted to go.