Super Contributor

My Katie Holmes milk chocolate brown turned into Morticia Adams black.

I am about to use DAWN dish detergent to try to lighten it. {#emotions_dlg.blink}

Has anyone EVER done this?

I am not spending the rest of the summer looking like a 40 something goth

(and I have a work thing next week so I am supposed to look nice)

Thanks

Regular Contributor

I used dawn on mine a couple of weeks ago when the lady at the salon colored mine way too dark. Also look at the videos on youtube about using crushed vitamin C to lift hair color.

Frequent Contributor
I've never used dish soap but have used clarifying shampoo and it worked well. Just applied the shampoo 3 or 4 times until the color was where I wanted it. I think I also read that anti dandruff shampoo strips color too. Good luck. I've obviously had this happen too so I feel your pain!
Highlighted
Super Contributor

Ok you are a life saver - How did the dawn work?

THat is exactly what happened to me

Super Contributor
On 7/18/2014 Here to shop said: I've never used dish soap but have used clarifying shampoo and it worked well. Just applied the shampoo 3 or 4 times until the color was where I wanted it. I think I also read that anti dandruff shampoo strips color too. Good luck. I've obviously had this happen too so I feel your pain!

Hmm - I got some baby shampoo and I was going to mix in some baking soda. (web search from phone while in CVS trying to figure out what to buy) Then I got home and saw the dawn thing online.

Thanks for your quick response.

Super Contributor

I use Go Blonder shampoo day after I color to lighten it a bit.

Respected Contributor

shampoo immediately before it gets to set in and use a strong cleanser like dish detergent or a clearifying shampoo.

color ooops color remover works but when you redye you need to use a protein filler and leave the new color in for only 5 minutes or your hair will be too dark again

Super Contributor

OK I am going to get scrubbing. No more looking like Alice Cooper.

Super Contributor

Good luck, Sun8shine! Hope it turns out the exact shade you want. Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor
On 7/18/2014 sun8shine said:

OK I am going to get scrubbing. No more looking like Alice Cooper.

Lol, let us know how it turns out. It's an awful feeling when you feel that your hair looks like crud.