Valued Contributor

I am looking for a towel for drying my hair. I have fine, thick hair and need something that is very absorbant and will prevent frizz. I have seen recommendation's on this forum, but can't find the topic. TIA

Trusted Contributor

I searched the forum here just using “hair towel” in the search box. Here’s  a thread with 31 helpful posts. (There were other threads, too)  I’m sure something in this former thread will give you leads. 

https://community.qvc.com/t5/Beauty/Looking-for-a-good-hair-towel/m-p/4196381#M606210

Super Contributor

@Love4cats, I would look for 100% cotton, not microfiber. QVC has Turbi Twists. Check those out. On HSN, Joy Mangamo had some thicker ones, not sure if they still have them. 

Honored Contributor

Turbi twists work.  Everybody sells them, just google.

Respected Contributor

@Toot1920 wrote:

@Love4cats, I would look for 100% cotton, not microfiber. QVC has Turbi Twists. Check those out. On HSN, Joy Mangamo had some thicker ones, not sure if they still have them. 

I'll have to disagree with your suggestion of all cotton. If your hair is curly or prone to frizz, towels with a loopy texture are not good.

A microfiber towel made specifically for hair is far  better for me.  Even an old t shirt is better than a cotton towel. Another suggestion: squeeze out the water. Don't rub.

Honored Contributor

@Love4cats  Devacurl has the best anti frizz towels.  I got mine at Sephora.

Honored Contributor

Re: Hair drying towel?

[ Edited ]

May sound odd but the Sham-Wow towel is perfect to dry my hair. 

I wrap my head - in no time at all - all excess water is removed and my hair is barely damp.

Frequent Contributor

I like microfiber for my fine hair ,cuts done on the frizz.

Trusted Contributor

I like the Spa Savvy Microfiber Twist Hair Turban from Big Lots.

Honored Contributor

@Toot1920 wrote:

@Love4cats @Toot1920  I have fine thick shoulder length hair and I LOVE the cotton turbi twists.  I blot with a big bath towel, bend over and put on the turbie and twist it up and wear it awhile as it blots my hair mostly dry.  

It keeps it nice and I can either let it air dry or blow dry it easily after that.