Honored Contributor

Looking through a wig magazine, it hit me that all of them have bangs. I guess to draw attention to pretty eyes or face??? But I got to a point of hating hair on the face. I prefer to do it kind of layered and brushed back. It works for me. Bangs had to be trimmed quite often and became one thing I didn't care for anymore.

So question is: do you choose to wear bangs in your hairdo?

Honored Contributor

Re: Hair: do you wear bangs?

@qualitygal

Oh,yes!  Bangs are my thing!  I keep trying to get over that and let them grow out, but I just don't feel good without them.  They really are my signature look!  

I had a bad "bang" cut a while back and boy that was hard to deal with. When my bangs are behaving and laying right, all is right with the world.

Seriously, they do highlight the eyes nicely.  Another good perk is that they camouflage forehead lines.  

I sometimes swoosh them over to the side, and they look fine that way, too, but I prefer a  full on bang.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Respected Contributor

I have always had bangs even as a kid. I have a very high forehead and an oval shaped face. Bangs seem to break it up a little for me.

Honored Contributor

I've always prefered bangs and find them easier to wear than having to struggle with side swept bangs, parts, etc.  In the summer easier to pull hair neatly up and in the winter don't have to worry about static and controlling hair to look presentable.  No matter what the rest of my hair does, the bangs compensate for it.  I do have a long face so bangs look way better - plus it covers the 11's.  I would look much older without bangs.  I hate havinag to sweep unruly hair off my face to see with the other options except for pulling hair straight back which in my opinion usually looks ok only on the young. 

Esteemed Contributor

Yes, I wear bangs, by default.......... all my life, no matter how I curled, styled, blew dry my hair, it always fell towards my face.  So somewhere in my late 20's, I gave up and started embracing side-swept bangs.   They're me.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Respected Contributor

Yes. My bangs are just above my eyebrows and swept to the sides, not straight across my forehead.

Esteemed Contributor

Yes, I have bangs but not covering up my eyebrows, just my birth mark.

Respected Contributor

my stylist was constantly giving me a light bang that could be swept to the side, but we've kind of let them grow out and i'm wearing my hair to the side.  the problem is the hair hanging in my face that i have to get used to.

Respected Contributor

Well, the reason the wigs all have bangs is obviously so you don't see the wig line in the front.

Personally, I'd prefer not to have to deal with bangs.  My hair has always been long and straight.  When I was young I had it all one length, but then I had to deal with keeping the front part behind my ear so I can see where I'm going!  I cut them many years ago, and I probably do look better with them, especially since I have a high forehead (which is getting higher as time goes by!).  I could wash, dry and style my hair in half the time if I didn't have tomess with the bangs!

Laura loves cats!
Respected Contributor

No bangs for me - not ever.  When I was young, we lived in a home owned by my Uncle - a really sweet men with one major hangup - BANGS!!  His daughter and I were not alowed to wear bangs. If we came to the dinner table with any hair in our faces, we were sent away to make a change - or if we refused, we didn't get dinner.  My Uncle said that "only street walkers wore bangs".  I had no idea what that meant - I thought it meant stupid women who didn't stay on the sidewalk.  Anyway, I never had bangs, and I did get dinner most of the time.  Now anything in my face is totally annoying and gets combed back right away.