Esteemed Contributor

@Nugbucker

So sorry for your miscarriages....with that on your mind, hair seems pretty unimportant.

However, I'm glad you found someone to help you feel better about what you have!

Respected Contributor

My hair has been a hot mess lately.  I've gotten perms for years because my hair is straight.  I keep it short and it's usually easy to take care of.  The last few weeks I have been losing hair.  When I comb it in the morning there is always hair in the comb and it feels thinner.  I keep wondering what's going on.   

Honored Contributor

I thinks it's hard for women who are not talented at styling their own hair. I remember my mom had a great head of hair, but could not style it herself. It was the 60's and everyone who didn't get a perm or wore their hair long and straight, went to the hairdresser for a shampoo and set once a week. My mom went to the hairdresser for a shampoo and set every week until the day she died.Was her hairdo dated, it sure was, but she didn't care. I wear my fine, thin hair short and spikey, no hair color, it suits me and I can do it myself . Women tell me they love my haircut and they wish they could wear their hair like mine. I tell them they can, if they don't really like it, it's only hair and it will grow back.

Re: Hair cuts and styling

[ Edited ]

I think instead of rebond you should have availed the keratin brazilian blowout. It straightens your hair a little and keeps your curly hair manageable. It has volume, style without spending much effort. Usually lasts for 2-6 months depends on the product that the salon is using. Had mine done. You might give it a try as that might be what your hair needs. If you want your curl back you can try using baby oils surely your hair will get curly and healthy!

Trusted Contributor

@Witchy Woman I sympathize! I truly believe that a good haircut is everything. I’m lucky since I have a great hairdresser who knows cutting. He began as a barber and learned from the best teachers and then did more schol for hairdressers. He doesn’t do a very good job at coloring ,so I have someone else do that. 

I have a tip for a fuller look- Joico Beach Shake. It works wonders! The best and least expensive place to buy it is Amazon. 

Good luck!

Occasional Contributor

Boy, can I sympathize with you!  In the 80's I wore a stylle similar th Princess Diana's, then grew it out, and got a perm so it slooked a lot licke Victoria Princi[al's.  Then back to a modified "wedge" cut/  then a straight almost-shoulder look.  I had moderately thick hair, then after my hysterectomy, , my hair thinned out and got really cantenkerous.  Hard to get any fullness or decent style from it.  I'm considering trying a younger more progressive hairdresser  whom I would  try & I bet he has some new ideas.  I'm not ready to go completely gray yet. Could use encouragement to reach out to a new stylist to see wehat her can suggest or do!  I'm really tired of coing battle with my hair every morning!

Spoiler

Honored Contributor

Yes, I unfortunately am a member of the "hair behaving badly club"!  

My hair was once thick, thick, thick, full of body and shiny and was complimented daily.  Now --- it is thinning on top, is cranky (just like me), wants to go every which way, and my signature bangs have developed odd cowlicks which I attempt daily to beat into submission!!!  

Yup --- it's definitely a struggle.  But as my DH says --- at least you still have a goodly amount of hair, so don't complain too much!!!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Respected Contributor

@Melkatt Regarding trying a new hairdresser...go for it! If you're really nervous about it, you might make your 1st appointment just a "consultation". Go in with clean, unstyled hair and let him look at it, comb thru it, whatever, to get a sense of what your hair needs. Then if you like what he says, make an appointment for a cut/style/color, whatever you want/need.

Respected Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 What I did may not be for you...but I finally just let my bangs grow out (I brushed them back off my face from my side part while they grew). One of the best things I've ever done! My bangs were a nightmare, I could never get them to look the way I wanted--and if the wind blew them out of place, forget it!

Now if the wind blows my hair, I just run my fingers thru it and it goes back into place. I have the same basic style--a layered, chin-length bob--just no more bangs.

Valued Contributor

@vermint wrote:

@AngelPuppy1 What I did may not be for you...but I finally just let my bangs grow out (I brushed them back off my face from my side part while they grew). One of the best things I've ever done! My bangs were a nightmare, I could never get them to look the way I wanted--and if the wind blew them out of place, forget it!

Now if the wind blows my hair, I just run my fingers thru it and it goes back into place. I have the same basic style--a layered, chin-length bob--just no more bangs.

@vermint - I can relate to your bangs experience.   My hair is curly, and when I had bangs years ago, one side of them was always turning up into a horn, regardless of how I blowdried them.  One day I decided to spray them with a very strong hair spray to keep them down.  It was a windy day and as I was walking through a long parking lot to my car, I passed several people who looked strangely at me.  When I finally got to my car and looked in the rear view mirror, I was horrified to see that the wind had blown my bangs so that they were standing up straight!  Then and there I decided no more bangs for me - ever!  But I do envy people who can wear them. Smiley Very Happy