Respected Contributor

I also go to Great Clips, $15 plus tip unless I get a coupon or they do specials where cuts are cheaper.  My hair is very short & low maintenance and they do a nice job. I go about every 6-7 weeks and I do my own color. 

Respected Contributor

N.E. Pa. here-I pay $30.00 for just a cut. I wash my own hair and let it air dry. I drive about 12 miles one way because it's a lot more where I actually live. I have very short hair and remember last year there was a guy getting his hair cut and it looked similar to mine when it was done and he only paid $14.00. I don't get it. 

Honored Contributor

I’ve recently thrown caution to the wind and have been getting my hair (which is very short) cut at Great Clips. $12 and I’ve been pleased the three times I’ve gone there so far.  So I’ll continue to go there. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Trusted Contributor

Forty dollars for a wash, cut and blow dry. My hairdresser will trim bangs for free. I live in the Pittsburgh area. I go to a very nice salon. Prices in my area to vary from salon to salon. From comparing with my friends, I would say $35 to $50 is about the average.

Respected Contributor

$68 for a color (and highlights), cut and blow dry.  She would do bangs for free.  

Esteemed Contributor

@FlowerBear   Years ago when I had a terrible perm a friend who was a hairdresser asked when I wanted her to cut my hair.

I asked if she could do it after we had lunch and she did. 

She gave great cuts from her home business with minimal charge, short cut. 

With it short it needs cutting often so one Christmas she gave me a razor and lessons since she was on vacation a lot.  

I learned to cut my hair. I’ve always colored it so over 20 years I have saved a lot of money! I watched styling shows on T V and bought very good scissors. I use a 3 way mirror.

I do a bob in the Winter  and modified wedge in Summer. 

It’s actually stress relieving!  Bangs  or a trim are no problem with good scissors you could do it!

Honored Contributor

I live in a rural area and the hairdresser I go to gives a haircut for 11 bucks, but all you get is a haircut. That being said, years ago I went to a hairdresser in the next down, he charged 18 dollars for a cut and style.

Respected Contributor

@1Snickers ....I was so impressed by your post. I wear my hair very short and spiky. I have trimmed the front and top myself for years, but am not able to do a good job on the back and sides, so I go to a barber every three weeks. He only charges $10. I color it myself. No expensive/high end salons for me. You go girl!

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Trusted Contributor

In my part of southeastern PA,I pay $35 for cut, wash, and blow dry plus 20% tip.

Frequent Contributor

Eastern Washington State

$45 for a cut

$75 for a partial highlight