Honored Contributor

I never just go for a cut so I have no idea of that cost. When I go for a cut, color and highlight I walk out paying $130 then give 20% for tip.

"Pure Michigan"
Respected Contributor

I get my hair cut and color to hide the out growth every four weeks.  $75 without tip.  Every four months I have highlights added.  $125 without tip.  Just for a cut, wash, and blow dry is $25.  Haircut only is $18.

Respected Contributor

$16 for a dry cut, which I prefer.  My haircut is in layers.  Usually a 10 - 15 minute appt.  In TX. 

Honored Contributor

It depends on the shop you go to.  I don't know because I have never had just a haircut.  It's always a wash, deep condition, blow dry and cut for me.  You are talking about trim as opposed to hair cut, that should cost less than a cut.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Hair cut costs?

[ Edited ]
@Havarti wrote:

I pay $10.99 + tip at a chain called Great Clips.  Normal cost is $15.00 but once a year after Thanksgiving they sell prepaid cards where you can buy as many cuts as you want for $10.99 each.  I buy a bunch of haircuts at that rate, then tip 20% on the full rate at the time of the cut.  It is a dry cut, but they spray your hair with water from a spray bottle, then cut and then blow dry.  It is more for a true styling, a shampoo, etc.  

Been going to Great Clips for many years as it's affordable and they do a nice job.  Get my hair trimmed/cut dry (not even spritzed) with no wash, blow job (Woman Wink), or styling.

Honored Contributor

I pay $92 for a haircut, color, and blowout. I give the stylist $20, and the woman who washes my hair $5 in tips. This is why I go every 8 weeks ( I try to stretch out my color) instead of 6 weeks. For a cut and blowout it's $47.

Honored Contributor

I honestly don't know how much just a cut is where I go because I never get just a cut.  I do know that she has told me if I need just my bangs trimmed, to text her and she will have me run in and trim them at no cost.   

Honored Contributor

$65-$85 plus tip but for a simple trim I think a cut and go place is just fine and much cheaper. 

Esteemed Contributor

I’ve been going to the same hairdresser for 30 years. He charges me $40 for a wash,condition, cut & blow dry. When ever he trims my hair to clean it up a bit he doesn’t charge me anything.The rest of his clients pay a lot more. I try to give him more money but he won’t take it.

I’m extremely generous with him at Christmas. Several times a year I also have trays of bagels,cookies or pastries delivered to the shop.

Honored Contributor

I don't know what the average would be in NYC so ..o

I just googled and found out ...

New York City has the most expensive average women's haircut price at $73, with Minneapolis offering...

Source:  usnews doc com/news/blogs/data-mine/2014/02/28/what-america-pays-for-a-haircut

Personally, I pay less than average, and one of my friends pays a lot more than average.