Valued Contributor

@Lali1 wrote:

@Still Raining wrote:

All of us unshorn, straight haired girls are in awe of curls.  😢

If I lived in a less humid climate it wouldn't be so bad. I can wear a buff to cover my hair completely but it really flattens it. My hubby loves straight hair. Why he married this curly haired girl is confusing. 

I feel your pain! Wish I had straight hair...the humid summers are a nightmare! Woman Sad

Honored Contributor

Your hair is beautiful and I love long hair.  Mine is down to my waist with trims on the length every other salon visit.  I always said I would go short when I turned sixty but that is now 14 months away.  Starting to change my mind on a huge haircut.  I do love your hair @Lali1 

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

You ladies have such pretty hair.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

I've never been a fan of long hair. I haven't had long hair since high school. Woman Very Happy I wear my hair is a short, spiky pixie. Love it. Long hair just seems to drag the face down. 

"Pure Michigan"
Esteemed Contributor

@ID2  It takes the right face to carry off a short, spikey hair cut without looking masculine.  I am sure that you have the right face for it.  Your make up can make a big difference, too.  Glad you love it, just as the ladies with long hair love theirs.  Thank goodness we have choices.

OT so do you have any leaves left on the trees in your neck of the woods?

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Respected Contributor

Re: Hair and haircuts

[ Edited ]

@tends2dogs wrote:

@Lali1 Perfect bangs!  The top of your hair in this picture is similar to mine cutwise, it is just that yours is curly and the top of mine is straight.  This looks like a good length on you.  Did you like it like this?  Personally, I love shags!!  My hair style has been similar since I have been in my 20's......kind of shaggy.  I am not a "bob" person.  I have never nor will ever have a "do".  I like a messy look.  If you like your hair in this picture, I would take it to your stylist and go for it.  It isn't a major change, but it will seem brand new to you!

I do like it but it was too short for me and while my back was long the back of it was not thick enough with the cut for my liking. My hairdresser warned me of that and as it grew out a little I saw it for myself. For instance when I pulled my hair up there was so little length that it all disappeared into the shorter bits. Not a big deal except when braiding my hair. 

Respected Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@Lali1   It's OK not to show your face. I wouldn't either...privacy, right? Love your curls....and the shorter length does make it appear curlier, if that's what's you're after. 

Thank you. Yes for privacy. I think what I need is some fringe around the front of my face. I think I've decided to only cut a couple of inches off. 

Respected Contributor

@beckyb1012 wrote:

Your hair is beautiful and I love long hair.  Mine is down to my waist with trims on the length every other salon visit.  I always said I would go short when I turned sixty but that is now 14 months away.  Starting to change my mind on a huge haircut.  I do love your hair @Lali1 

Thank you 😊 

Respected Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

You ladies have such pretty hair.

Thank you 😊 

Honored Contributor

@tends2dogs wrote:

@ID2  It takes the right face to carry off a short, spikey hair cut without looking masculine.  I am sure that you have the right face for it.  Your make up can make a big difference, too.  Glad you love it, just as the ladies with long hair love theirs.  Thank goodness we have choices.

OT so do you have any leaves left on the trees in your neck of the woods?

@tends2dogs  I also wear my hair super short with longer bangs. Never thought about looking masculine although it is not spiked. Have to check with my husband.