Trusted Contributor
What is your favorite? Please include organic also. That feels good no sticky products. Thank you in advance.
Honored Contributor

Re: Hair Volumizer

[ Edited ]

@kitty4me,   I just purchased Bumble & Bumble's All-Style which is a heat protective product to protect hair from hair dryer but it also produces shine, bounce and volume.  I have not received it yet so I can't comment at this time.  I also have Embellish by Calista and it gives instant volume.

kindness is strength
Regular Contributor

@kitty4me

Hi! 

hmmmmm....

The most volumizing products that I have tried DO have some type of "feel" to them -- maybe not "sticky", but you will feel a change in texture because to ADD volume to fine hair, the texture will be different. At least, that is my experience (and I own a LOT of different volumizers).  The ones that really volumize, yet least affect my natural hair texture are:

1- Redken Body Full thickening spray -- 

This really works, esp to give root lift, yet there is ZERO "sticky" feel, and the texture of my hair does not really feel much different than if I had used a light sculpting hair spray. I spritz it on either damp or dry hair, and then blow dry with a big round brush. The finish can be a bit dry, so I sometimes will use a bit of argan oil afterwards, as a finishing product for some added sheen. 

2- TIGI Small Talk --

this comes in a cute little round purple bottle. It has a pump. I put this on damp hair only. I blow dry it and Small Talk gives my hair LOTS of body, lift, and fullness, without any real noticeable change in overall hair texture (not sticky, nor stiff). 

These both work amazingly well to add fullness, body, and lift to limp and/or fine hair. I have med textured, loosely waved hair that is in a lob cut. I blow it dry VERY straight, so I use the volumizers to give me that LIFT at the back of the Lob (poof it out). I used to have long hair, and both of the above products also worked great.

____

Calista Tolls Embellish--

This is THE BEST volumizer I have everrrrrrrr tried on short - shoulder length hair, BUT it does alter your texture = Calista Tools Embellish (from here on QVC). I LOVE this product so much!! It did not work on my very long hair, but it is amazing on my Lob, and works fabulously on my mom's short hair. Talk about VOLUME! This stuff is awesome!! I use it on dried hair only. I clap a few times for my mom's very fine hair. I clap maybe 1 time for my heavier hair. The results are amazing! My hair looks like I just came out of the salon. The finish is not "sticky", but there is a definite change in texture. It also tends to dull down the shine in my blonde hair a bit, but a bit of coconut oil or argan puts the shine back in. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I use a device called "Voloom". It's sort of like a crimping iron you use at the root area and it gives you lots of volume that lasts for days. I've got relatively thin, straight hair that lays flat against my scalp. The Voloom lifts it up off my scalp and makes my hair appear fuller and thicker. I own both the regular and the mini sizes. Although the mini is made for shorter hair, I find that it's lighter and easier to manipulate than the larger Voloom on my long hair. I absolutely can't live with my Voloom! These things aren't cheap...like about $125 but to me worth every pennyWoman Happy.

Respected Contributor

Matrix volume rose finishing spray with rose oil and sallys beauty supply  Majestic Devine coconut hair sray help add thickness. 

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Matrix Vavoom Height of Glam Volumizing foam.

This stuff has been around for a long time. Just a golf ball sized amount and you will have tons of volume. No scent and no stickiness. My hair is very heavy, finicky and hard to hold and I use this and then Kenra hairspray to finsh.Image result

Highlighted
Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Wannabeincali wrote:

Calista Tolls Embellish--

This is THE BEST volumizer I have everrrrrrrr tried on short - shoulder length hair, BUT it does alter your texture = Calista Tools Embellish (from here on QVC). I LOVE this product so much!! It did not work on my very long hair, but it is amazing on my Lob, and works fabulously on my mom's short hair. Talk about VOLUME! This stuff is awesome!! I use it on dried hair only. I clap a few times for my mom's very fine hair. I clap maybe 1 time for my heavier hair. The results are amazing! My hair looks like I just came out of the salon. The finish is not "sticky", but there is a definite change in texture. It also tends to dull down the shine in my blonde hair a bit, but a bit of coconut oil or argan puts the shine back in. 

@Wannabeincali Thank you for the info on Calista. My Mom is suffering from extremely flat, and thinning hair and I think this would be a great pick me up for her to try. Is it easy to use/apply after you've clapped it? I don't mind helping her to try it but when she does her hair I am generally not with her. I imagine you just run it through your hair? Or is it just the roots? I've never used a volumizer so novice here. Thanks in advance Smiley Happy

Never mistake kindness for weakness
Honored Contributor

Joico has a great product in a green tube like container that is not sticky and really does volumize.  You put it on wet hair.

Honored Contributor

I have a whole shelf of products .... and keep switching among them.  I have fine wavy hair.

Thicker Fuller Hair has several products ...

John Frieda's volume shampoo, conditioner and mousse work

L'Oreal's volume products work

Tresemme's volume mousse works great ... I probably use that one most often. 

Frieda's mousse gives me the most volume

Thicker Fuller Hair gives me a bit more volume than I generally want - but there are those days when I do want a bit more.

Regular Contributor

Following!