Honored Contributor

@CherryHugs,   Cherry, there are quite a few products for hair that have vitamins in the product itself.  I like to try different hair products and I just came across one by Bumble & Bumble with vitamins.  It was some type of spray but I can't remember if it was for texture or volume or what.  Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

Another vote for Andrew Lessman’s Healthy Hair Skin & Nail Vits. My mom has long, thick gorgeous hair and swears by these.  So she got me hooked on these probably 15 yrs ago now.  He has a TS of them every year and we both order. We take 2 caps/day. I swear by all his vits though tbh.

Valued Contributor

Re: Hair Vitamins

[ Edited ]

@granddi wrote:

I've been reading about a 50-50 mix of castor oil and argon oil applied to the scalp once a week. Reports are good but I have not tried. I can imagine how messy it would be to wash out.

Using oils on my scalp has helped my hair better than any pill or vitamin. Just with weekly pill treatments, my hair grows about an inch a month and a lot less fallout. LOVE using scalp oils and its no harder to wash out than having an oily scalp. Sometimes do an extra rinse but have never had an issue with washing it out.

Honored Contributor

If you use oils for your scalp, how long do you leave it on?  Do you do it once a week?  Since I already have Argan oil and Castor Oil, which sounds gross to me to put in my hair, is a lot less expensive than some of those vitamins, I might give it a try.  I've been noticing more hair than I'd like seems to be falling out when I shampoo.

Highlighted
Super Contributor

@AmericanBulldogMom wrote:

Another vote for Andrew Lessman’s Healthy Hair Skin & Nail Vits. My mom has long, thick gorgeous hair and swears by these.  So she got me hooked on these probably 15 yrs ago now.  He has a TS of them every year and we both order. We take 2 caps/day. I swear by all his vits though tbh.

@AmericanBulldogMom Several years ago I had a bad reaction to a medication and began losing hair. My doctor at that time recommended taking a biotin supplement so I asked about Andrew's HHS&N and he agreed. I took one every 8 hours for around 6 months. I noticed the difference first on my nails, and then on hair suddenly growing in the "wrong" places lol....my toes were...ugh.....

anyway, it worked for me so of course after six months I stopped taking it.

Recently menopause and illness caused a similar problem with hair fallout so I began taking it again. It's been two months now and I'm seeing the change in my nails again--both (fingernails and toenails) grow like weeds! Also seeing the return of "toe hair" so I know the hair on my head should start looking better very soon.

I too swear by his products. His Co Q-10 is the one supplement I take that I can feel immediately and can defintely tell if I try to skip it!

Never mistake kindness for weakness
Trusted Contributor

@pigletsmom  Good to know about Suave biotin too.  I'll keep that in mind.