Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@dex wrote:

@SilleeMee Where do you buy the bamboo extract.I have never heard anything about that as a supplement.

I buy BULKSUPPLEMENTS brand from amazon. It's a loose powder in a resealable bag. You only need to take a slightly rounded 1/4 tsp daily. The powder is white, fluffy, tasteless, slightly gritty and dissolves very well in water. I mix mine in my 'green drink' every morning. The 500-gram bag lasts me over a year for a price of about $29. @dex

@SilleeMee That sounds interesting so I looked it up. I'm hypothyroid so guess I should not use it.

It shows this under BAMBOO SIDE EFFECTS

Provided suggested serving sizes are adhered to, this supplement should be safe to take by healthy adults. However, those suffering from thyroid conditions and pregnant/nursing women should not take this product without the approval of a physician.

Honored Contributor

@LTT1 wrote:

@SilleeMee

Can’t wait to look into those supplements. Do you mind if I ask what other supplements you take? Thank you!

SureWoman Happy @LTT1. I take these, some daily and others not:

- multi vit

- multi omega cap w/3,5,6,7 & 9

- turmeric (standardized)

- D3

- ubiquinol

- phytoceramides 

- B12

- C

- bamboo extract

- lysine

Respected Contributor

I've been reading about a 50-50 mix of castor oil and argon oil applied to the scalp once a week. Reports are good but I have not tried. I can imagine how messy it would be to wash out. 

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee

Thank you very much!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Respected Contributor

Hair vitamins are the exat same thing as regular vitamins and advertised for skin and nails as well. but they usually contain  more biotin.  You can just take regular vitamins and or eat a balanced diet  with them and you will be just fine.

Honored Contributor

I take one Lessman hair vitamin daily, and add another 7500 mcg plain Biotin for years now, I have nice, long, strong nails, skin is OK, but still have the thinnest hair on the planet!!

Trusted Contributor

@kcladyz wrote:

Hair vitamins are the exat same thing as regular vitamins and advertised for skin and nails as well. but they usually contain  more biotin.  You can just take regular vitamins and or eat a balanced diet  with them and you will be just fine.

Are you an MD or one just naturally blessed with a good head of hair?

Honored Contributor

@CherryHugs  Each of us can be experiencing different so the product that may work for one person might not work for another. So unfortunately, there is no simple answer to your comment.   As always the first line of defense is diet, exercise, stress management.  Yes, supplements have helped some with thinning hair so it becomes a trial and error process.  Good luck and let us know what works for you.

Respected Contributor

I take Andrew Lessman's Hair Skin Nails formula.  My hair is still thin, but much better than before.

Trusted Contributor

@walkingal wrote:

Speaking of biotin, the other day I saw this product mentioned in a magzine for thinning hair because of the biotin ingredient:  OGX Thick & Full Biotin & Collagen Shampoo.  I have't used it, but I would like to give it a try.  

@walkingal I just started using this maybe two weeks ago and I like it. Not sure if I love it though.

Just FYI it has a very strong scent. I acutally like it and I haven't really noticed it staying on my hair long.

I really like Suave Biotin. Super cheap and my hair looked good. I only stopped using it for a while to see if that was causing my scalp to get dry and flaky. I used it for a year with no problem so I'm not sure if that caused it. Still lingering around so maybe that's not it and I can go back to it.