Esteemed Contributor

@meem120 wrote:

My hairdresser said dont spend the $$$ on those , use a little bit of baby powder.  Same results

Huh, does she have white hair?  Otherwise that baby powder is going to be visible in the hair.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Respected Contributor

@shoesnbags wrote:

@meem120 wrote:

My hairdresser said dont spend the $$$ on those , use a little bit of baby powder.  Same results

Huh, does she have white hair?  Otherwise that baby powder is going to be visible in the hair.

@shoesnbags I use baby powder as a dry shampoo sometimes.  If you rub it in, it is not visible. 

Esteemed Contributor

@ninjawife wrote:

@shoesnbags wrote:

@meem120 wrote:

@shoesnbags I use baby powder as a dry shampoo sometimes.  If you rub it in, it is not visible. 

@ninjawife 

I haven't done it since I was a teenager, but back then it always left a grayish tinge to my "dirty blond" hair.  But I have always had thin, baby fine hair.  Maybe working it into a full head of hair gives better results.  Another reason to wish for thicker hair.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Esteemed Contributor

I use baby powder in my hair all the time. You need to rub it in. I also use it more liberally underneath the outer hairs. It is better than any thickening powder spray for hair that you buy.

Respected Contributor

Re: Hair Thickening Powder?

[ Edited ]

@Shelbelle wrote:

@FranandZoe wrote:

After trying the Toppix, the Fusion one and a few others I've settled on one called Boldify.  I buy it from Amazon.  I tap it on then spray with my hairspray.  They're all just powder by the way not fibers whatsoever.

So not true, some are nothing more thas colored talc, and are made in China. XF is made in the USA and contains no talc. That means a lot to me since it goes in my scalp. 

Boldify is made in the USA.   They are all the same consistency - powder.

Boldify is the cheapest by the way.  

Honored Contributor

@FranandZoe wrote:

@Shelbelle wrote:

@FranandZoe wrote:

After trying the Toppix, the Fusion one and a few others I've settled on one called Boldify.  I buy it from Amazon.  I tap it on then spray with my hairspray.  They're all just powder by the way not fibers whatsoever.

So not true, some are nothing more thas colored talc, and are made in China. XF is made in the USA and contains no talc. That means a lot to me since it goes in my scalp. 

Boldify is made in the USA.   They are all the same consistency - powder.

Boldify is the cheapest by the way.  

Boldify is colored talc !!! Great prices on XFusion on ebay, rock bottom prices. 

Trusted Contributor

Re: Hair Thickening Powder

[ Edited ]

Not to thicken, but I use corn starch as dry shampoo.  I rub it into my roots every night before I go to bed.  I don't care for the smell of baby powder in my hair.