Honored Contributor

Re: Hair Styles for Women in 2020

How bout this one?

image.png

Honored Contributor

I always thought Shawn K. is one that looks really good with a shorter 'do.  In fact, I think it suits her better than her longer hairstyle.

I do agree with the posters that state you've got to have the right features to pull off a shorter hairstyle.  I don't think I could make it work for my face - although I'd love to have a shorter style.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ECBG   That's the hairstyle Meghan Kelly made famous after her last baby.  I am surprised it is still around and being touted as a new hairstyle.

I love pixie haircut.  I wear tha well.  Having an oval-shaped face, I could wear almost any hairstyle (very different from my clothing style which requires scrutiny).  Oval faces can wear several hairstyles and glasses styles, except as we age as longer hair makes our faces look longer.  I like to see what Halle Berry is wearing.  If she can wear a style, I usually can.  She has the perfect oval face.

Esteemed Contributor

I see the first style often. It's not flattering. My hair is a little longer, with layers, but this is what my hair looks like when I get caught in the rain.

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

@Nonametoday  Four years ago  it was called a grown out pix by my hairdresser. 

Super Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

Not in love with the first one.  It looks very "spaniel" like.

@ECBG 

The Spaniel

I concur.

So handsome!

Trusted Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

How bout this one?

image.png

@San Antonio Gal   I like short hair but this cut has too much going on.  Looks pretty maintenance-intensive to me. 

Respected Contributor

The pixie cut is really a cute style but I need more hair around my face than that. I have a thing about showing my ears. Lol! Well I have an asymmetrical and one side does show.

Trusted Contributor

@Maggie Nolia wrote:

Love the third one.  My hair is far too fine and thin for it, though.  Plus, requires too much time at the hairdresser -- every three weeks or so -- to maintain it.

I am now wearing my hair about shoulder length.

I used to wear it in a short cropped Pixie cut that was similar to the way that actress Halle Berry was wearing her hair when she was playing the role of Bond girl Jinx. 

I loved that cut but my hair grows fast and I was literally getting it cut about every 3-4 weeks. 

I wore my hair short for many years until about 7 years now I think, where I grew that cut out, and now wear it longer like I've been wearing it. 

I like being able to wear it at a longer length where I can put it in a ponytail, or where I can put a headband in it, or just wear it down. 

Contributor

I love the hairstyles!